CA. Bow fishing

doobie

Reaction score
Anyone out there know a good spot to go in central california? Say from Fresno to Sacramento area.
Thanks for any ideas

GetDown

Reaction score
clear lake is a great spot,also the delta is good.just got to hit it right

DMC

Reaction score
The best place is the Delta. Lots of fish. You can find them all over so pick an area and start looking. Who knows you might even find a big one. The state record is swimming out there right now.

Attachments

GetDown

Reaction score
hey DMC,we finnally got you this year at clear lake shoot,get your partner back next year,we need the compation,see you on the lake

larrysogla

Reaction score
DMC,
Very nice pic. Congrats!!!
How do these Delta carp get so big?? What do they eat??
Do you these carp???
Thanks for the pic & info.

larrysogla.

DMC

Reaction score
Getdown, It was a minor hick-up this year. We hope to be back in full swing next year. I really messed up and should have gotten 5th but thats the way it goes. I didn't know the team that won but they put on a great showing. So if you do I say congrats and great job. I only shot carp 3 days this year. One day before the Trny and 2 at the Trny. Next year??

Larysolga, The delta is a fish machine these days there is so much food out there there should be carp up to 90lbs out there. They have been there long enough but the last 10 years it has gotten a lot better. Most people think I am full of crap but there is a carp out there in the 70lb class. It is just a matter of time and someone will stick it.

The delta is all about tides. No one tide is better than another. You have to learn what areas are good on each tide. If you go out and look in an area and there is no fish you need to come back on the oposite tide and check it you might be surprised. The fish in the picture was shot on the top of a high tide. Most people think I shot that fish on a low tide. Just go out and find them there there I've seen them.

GetDown

Reaction score
Hey DMC,we did win it this year.Remember 2 years ago,we were in the lead after day one,then you got us on day two to win the turny,we came in second 20 something pounds behind you,I couldnt believe it,but thats why its so much fun,lots of good shooters. AIM low,and shoot straight, mike

in2blacktail

Reaction score
Great Carp DMC!!
Thats a whopper..

I heard Lake Berryessa is a good spot as well for carp..
Good Luck doobie..

DMC

Reaction score
Getdown,

Congratulations,
You guys did very well for the weather situation. I was very impressed. When I got home and was telling my partner about the trny I told him that the team that won was definitly going to be in the compition from how well you did. Have you guys shot the delta much? I wanted to go look for big ones this year but I had a little emergancy surgery in June that stopped any bow shooting for a while. I took my stand off and am ready to nail the salmon as they come through on the sac. Its a blast.

Were are you guys from?

I am in the thriving motropolis of Acampo.

If your far and need a place to stay and try the delta I'm about 20 minutes to west water.

dcaldwell@direcway.com

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Holy mackerel, err carp DMC. What a hog.
30 lbs is about the biggest I've stuck and that was in Misssouri. Out here in CA. maybe 13-15 lbs.

Delta trip mayvbe next year.

What kind of line and setup you using to haul them pigs in?

GetDown

Reaction score
Hey DMC,we live in sonoma county so were just an hour from the delta.I have not shot the delta yet.It seems when they were having the trnys,I was always out of town.They havent had any trnys there the last two years,have they?Are they going to have any next year?We need more shoots around here,to bad the redbud shoot is gone.Deer season is up and running so ill be busy huntin.take it easy

Top Bottom