CA DFW SHARE hunts. $12 per app to get in the game. Lots of ranches. Elk, deer, bear, pig, upland. Private land access.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
So ive got 8 points for elk, does that mean i cant draw this SHARE hunt bull tag then? Or does it mean you get drawn with that amount of points?

Where are the draw stats Nickman123, istill cant find them? Thx

Capture.JPG

dustin ray

Reaction score
Ya save your money more for me :)
Scam maybe iv got drawn for a pig hunt once it was awesome dead pigs everywhere

ChrisAMX

Reaction score
I like the Share hunts because it gives people with less than MAX POINTS a chance at a hunt. Also, most of these hunts are in fact on private property, so they dont impact the public land hunts.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Lets try it this way. So what does 3 points or less mean in image I posted above?

hntndux

Reaction score
I'll take the bait again... 3 points or less means those tags in Period 1 and 2 are for bulls with 3 points or less on each antler. How did I do?:)

BBHNTR

Reaction score
DFG could just as easily take these tags and create the same hunts and make them available in the preference point/ random drawings. Yes they are on private. So what. They already got the land owners permission to allow the hunt. Many animals (espicallyca. Elk) are killed on private with land owner permission from tag holders from the r3gular draw.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
ah, i was thinking draw points. Got it now. thanks.

So how long is a point on an elk rack? What if you are 3 points or less and dont see a 4rth point and bang!

ChrisAMX

Reaction score
DFG could just as easily take these tags and create the same hunts and make them available in the preference point/ random drawings. Yes they are on private. So what. They already got the land owners permission to allow the hunt. Many animals (espicallyca. Elk) are killed on private with land owner permission from tag holders from the r3gular draw.
1)The preference point system in California is a sham. Only max points matter in once in a lifetime draws. It wouldnt surprise me if Max point holder actually have a better chance with a Share hunt draw. Also, if one has less than Max points for these draws, then one effective has zero points.
2) Share hunts allow hunts on private land without the landowner charging some outrageous trespass fee, for example, $20,000 I heard of one landowner charging near Carrizo.
3) You should look into what the landowner gets for participating in the Share Hunt, they are not giving it away.

Top Bottom