CA lost some hunters in 2019

#1Predator

Reaction score
It's official, the CDFW reported that only 224,604 hunting licenses were sold in 2019 compared to 269,276 in 2018. That's 44,672 FEWER licenses sold in 2019. The reason? According to some outdoor writers it's: #1, The new 'non-lead" only law; #2, the new ammo background check requirements; and coming in last, but not least, #3, poor hunting results/opportunity. And I still can't get drawn for my deer zone. Nuts!

quaildeath

Reaction score

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
It sounds like out of state hunting is going to b a better choice for cali hunters looking at the direction its going. So sad...tra

ltdann

Reaction score
Texas has great hunting for exotics..$48 for a five day license.

Reaction score
I am flabbergasted with the Truthaboutguns article stating purchasing ammo is a privilege.

I was recently discussing the drop in hunter numbers with bubblehide. It was an interesting conversation with him having some very interesting things to say.

Sarghunter

Reaction score
The Liberal POS Politicians have been successful in going after Calif Hunters . They couldnt get our Guns but they used the Back door to impact our AMMO

You watch as the numbers of hunters continue to drop OFF the Bean counters will show the drop in revenue from License Sales and these Bastards will be to Raise License FEES to continue to screw with the Hunters

I Hope i'm Wrong, But the writing is on the WALLS

ChrisAMX

Reaction score
The drop in hunters may be true, however, I seen more hunters in D13 than ever before. Me and my partner hunted archery and rifle, every weekend and a couple of weekdays (and we live in the Zone as well) and did not see a game warden the whole time.

P304X4

Reaction score
Looks like Calli is pushing to end hunting with fire arms at least. Soon it will be a rich man's sport if this is the case, then ban hunting altogether. I've noticed an increase in game and predators invading neighborhoods across the US. I realize there are hunting rules that need to be in place for suburban areas for the safety of residents but banning hunting altogether will end up being a bad thing. The higher the numbers grow in open areas the greater the chance for game invading the 'burbs'.

Top Bottom