CA to ban bobcat hunting...May 2019

Greenfrenzy

First hunting of bobcat with dogs was banned, then trapping was limited, then trapping banned.

Now AB1254 was introduced to outright ban bobcat hunting.

Seems the lifetime hunting license I bought keeps decreasing in value. Can I sue the government for a refund...?

THE ROMAN ARCHER

I like cali but the politicians make it tuff to live there, uncontrollable escalating cost of living and the constant law changes that benefit the few and screw the many. It's so sad when I lived in Monterey and Carmel it was so cool back in the 70's when all it was about for me was the simple beach life, sunshine and hot blonds.....lol what the hell the happen to cali, simple the politicians took over the state over the years and slowly took the power from the people.
It's so sad that your cali politicians want to give illegals everything in that state they possibly can and take away everything from true Californians.
I am not taking sides on who's better or worse as your cali politicians but I have a good guess which side is slowly pulling the rug from under u all in cali registerd voters as the years go on, good luck!......tra

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ChrisAMX

I like cali but the politicians make it tuff to live there, uncontrollable escalating cost of living and the constant law changes that benefit the few and screw the many. It's so sad when I lived in Monterey and Carmel it was so cool back in the 70's when all it was about for me was the simple beach life, sunshine and hot blonds.....lol what the hell the happen to cali, simple the politicians took over the state over the years and slowly took the power from the people.
It's so sad that your cali politicians want to give illegals everything in that state they possibly can and take away everything from true Californians.
I am not taking sides on who's better or worse as your cali politicians but I have a good guess which side is slowly pulling the rug from under u all in cali registerd voters as the years go on, good luck!......tra

Wonder how many hunters vote for Dems? It wouldn't surprise many do without realizing they are voting their Rights away

AS73

I got a Bobcat tag for this year (2019). They mailed it So I guess we can still hunt them!
Hope to keep the bobcat seasons open for years to come.

Planetcat

I got a Bobcat tag for this year (2019). They mailed it So I guess we can still hunt them!
Hope to keep the bobcat seasons open for years to come.
I have one too, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they banned it mid-season and said too bad. They would do it out of spite. :-(

84toyota

First hunting of bobcat with dogs was banned, then trapping was limited, then trapping banned.

Now AB1254 was introduced to outright ban bobcat hunting.

Seems the lifetime hunting license I bought keeps decreasing in value. Can I sue the government for a refund...?
Done deal. No more bobcat hunting. Or buying/selling of new firs.

imperial valley hunter

Done deal. No more bobcat hunting. Or buying/selling of new firs.
The ban will start January 1 of 2020. So go buy your tags and get your last bobcat. The season will get cut short.
The DFW will send out a letter to everyone who purchased a tag stating what I just said.

Last edited:

DiverDan

Howdy, y'all. New on the forum here. I like killing stuff and eating it. But I am well aware that if you let everyone kill as much stuff as they want, and you don't MANAGE the wildlife, then things will go very bad! Duh! All you complainers should read up and grow a pair. You really think the fastest growing state in the nation, with the 8th largest economy in the world can effortlessly sustain as many people going out and shooting whatever they want? There IS a science behind regulations. They ARE actually trying to keep a healthy balanced ecosystem in place so we all can enjoy it.
-Peace! Let's go kill some pigs!

DiverDan

I am not taking sides on who's better or worse as your cali politicians but I have a good guess which side is slowly pulling the rug from under u all in cali registerd voters as the years go on, good luck!......tra8391ed016dd99cde8f7cc7d8cb41c150.jpg

And by the way, "The Roman Archer", TRUE Californians are Chumash, Pomo, Ohlone, Esselen, Miwok, etc., who lived in relative harmony with the land before foreign immigrants invaded and started telling everyone what was what and felt free to go on stealing land and killing everyone who was a true Californian, before the word "Californian" even existed.

dthome

Definite troll here. I predict another "7mallards"
Banning bobcat hunting was not based on sound wildlife management. It was an effort to "fight animal cruelty", and it is the beginning of the end of hunting in California.
And Dan, show some respect to The Roman Archer. He's added much to this forum, and you have not.

Deluded

The hypocrisy of legislators wearing leather shoes and sitting on leather seats dictating that fur is illegal! "Cow fur" will remain legal because maybe they value a cow less than a cat (for now). If they wanted a conversation on how trapping might be made more humane I'd listen, but this dismissive and self righteous law is more evidence that the rural, hardworking population of California is simply not represented in Sacramento. I love the land that makes this state, but I am so frustrated with the governing of it that I am ready to relocate.

P304X4

Deluded:
Lighten up, this is a forum for those who love the outdoors. We are all aware and agree that reasonable regulations are needed to ensure that a balance and abundance of fish and game endures for generations to come. We also know who the original natives were and agree about their mistreatment. None of us lived during those times and we can't change what was done, all we can do is try to make things a little better for all people for generations to come. We all have frustrations that overcome us and get posted but it should be directed toward the entities responsible for unreasonable actions (regulations in this thread). I expect to see a level of respect for posters on this forum even if you disagree with their posts. Save the venom for facebook and twitter.

Top Bottom