Cabela's completes its move into L.L. Bean country

NE Hunter

Reaction score
I made it down for the second Saturday. Nice store it was vewry busy that day "spent" 3 hours there. I did get a free hat. I've been down agani maybe not as busy as the opener but still pretty packed. I enjoyed my time there.

HIhunter

Reaction score
Sure Cabelas has it all, but you'll never beat the traditional Bean gear. I'll be the first to admit they have strayed quite a bit in the last 5-10 yrs from their roots, but their Bean boots are still as good as ever, and if their red plaid wool shirt-jac ever gets busted up somehow, they'll take it back, no questions asked. Can't beat that.

hammerless

Reaction score
"I'll be the first to admit they (L.L.Bean) have strayed quite a bit in the last 5-10 yrs from their roots"

That's an understatement!!

Ever since LL Bean took "hunting" off the name of their "Maine Boot" and started hireing professional models for their catalogs they have tried to market themselves for the urban yoppy croud. It wasn't until Cabela's announced that it was going to open a store in their backyard that LLB built it's "hunting" supply store ( and even that appears to be marketed for the upper class hunter).
Cabela's has never been ashamed of it's hunting roots!
I'll spend my money at Cabela's before I go to LLB.

Top Bottom