Cabelas Prices

CaHogHtr

Reaction score
Just thought I would pass this along to everyone. I have been looking for a decent midrange(price) spotting scope and have always had good luck with Leupold scopes so I decided to try the windriver 15-45 scope combo. I just received a new Cabelas catalog and they had it for 309.99 but I just ordered it from natchezss.com for 231.95, the same exact thing. So if you are looking at ordering from Cabelas I would recommend shopping around.

Tree Doc

Reaction score
There are some things in Cabela's catalog that are totally reasonable but most electronic devices and scopes haven't been one of them in my experience. Try BearBasin.com or SWFA.com, much better deals there for quality glass, especially Leupold.

CaHogHtr

Reaction score
I did check out Bearbasin but they were $279 and I would get stuck paying an extra $23 in sales tax so they ended up being about the same price as Cabelas

birdhunter88

Reaction score
I like SWFA.... great prices and no taxes. Just bought a Rifle scope there and no body could touch their price and service. Highly recommend SWFA.....

bird

Tree Doc

Reaction score
I didn't know BearBasin was tagging out-of-staters for Sales Tax! I guess it's just a matter of time before the Guv'mint figures out how to get us no matter what!

Another one to check is OpticZone.com

CaHogHtr

Reaction score
Tree,
They didnt tag an out-of-stater. I live about 45 minutes from them. I just grew up and went to school at Alabama

DanD

Reaction score
I would agree with Tree Doc, there are somethings that Cabelas prices are about the same as there competitors and there are others that you can find a better deal on. You always need to shop around, especially on the higher priced items. Do be careful though, Cabelas has the best return policy bar none. When I'm looking to buy hunting or shooting supplies here are all the companies that I check with.

Cabelas
Pro Bass
Natchezess
Midsouth
Midway
SWFA
Bear Basin (but with them being in CA the tax normally kills any savings)

and for reloading supplies add

Ballistic Products
Precision Reloading
RSI

BradCa

Reaction score
One good thing about Cabela's is that they will honor prices from their older catalogs. I recently purchased some Swarovski SLC's from them and got them for last years price. Swarovski prices recently went up, so getting them for the old price plus using a gift certificate that I had made them pretty reasonable.

Top Bottom