• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Cabot/Castro Valley Range might close!

Planetcat

I meant Chabot. Dang auto correct. I just read that their lease is up at the end of this year. 52 years in business with $80,000 given to Alameda County parks annually. The anti gun environmental losers are pushing the county to not renew the lease. I've only shot there a couple of times, but it was built to be far removed from the public and has a nice 200 yard range. The skinny jeans wearing bearded libtards say they don't like hearing gun shots while they're hiking and lead abatement is needed to stop the lead run off. 6,000 LE visits per year and something like 20,000+ public shooters too. I don't usually get into these, but this one I will try to help fight. All of the gun ranges around me are completely packed every weekend, and I can't imagine losing a nice range like Chabot. I will try to find the petition on keeping it open and report back.

Last edited:

Planetcat

I heard that as well. It's such BS, I can't even stand it. Every range in the bay area is way over crowded on weekends. I have to take a friggin' day off of work just to sight in my rifle for a hunt. Chabot is really a good club. As far as the lead abatement goes, they could have gone to non-toxic frangible ammo only, like a lot of indoor ranges do nowadays.

Bossbrott

What an absolute shame. Those responsible should be hung.
I took my hunters safety class there in 1979.

Top Bottom