CALIF Condor Range-- Non-lead Certification for Hunting

WildlifeBranch

Reaction score
Wanted to start getting the word out that the certified lists of legal ammo for hunting in California condor range is now up on our website:

Non-Lead Certification in condor range

or you can click on the cartridge icon on the home page at DFG Home Page

Thanks to Craig S. our deer program coord. for getting this info ready.

good luck guys- eric

rcrosby

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (WildlifeBranch @ May 7 2008, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thanks to Craig S. our deer program coord. for getting this info ready.[/b]
What do you mean thanks to Craig S.? Did he do it for free or is that his paid job? That is his job right?

WildlifeBranch

Reaction score
He took it upon himself to get it done and done fairly quickly -- the responsibility really covered the area of several game program staff.

by seeing your sig, I'll assume you'd never thank anyone in govt. though. that's fine. I can thank him though

rcrosby

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (WildlifeBranch @ May 7 2008, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
by seeing your sig, I'll assume you'd never thank anyone in govt. though. that's fine. I can thank him though
[/b]
It is called paying taxes, fees, stamps, licenses etc.

Common Sense

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (WildlifeBranch @ May 7 2008, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
[/b]

You can also see by my signature what I think of government; but I don't blame you or the feller you was thanking for the lead free fisaco. And I am glad you guys did get the list out before season opened(must admit I didn't think you would!).

I am still upset that I can't go to a gun shop and buy a box of 30-40 Krag or .22 long rifle rim fires or rifled slugs. I don't really blame DFG for that, but I sure do blame government.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Some need to mind their manners in here. Is it a bad thing for a boss to compliment a worker?

jackrabbit

Reaction score
Some of you guys have some very bad manners. Even when opponents finally settle on an agreement, it is considered good taste to thank the other party for participating in the mutual (combat) process, and then coming to a compromise. If all you want to do is whine, complain, don't participate, and then just blame -- then obviously there ain't much point in being civilized. But when an employee, bureaucrat, rank and file worker, or otherwise, provides info following up a done deal, it is considered bad taste to "kill the messenger". You could have been just left to try to find the info all on your own -- and by the repeated questions on these types of topics on these forums, it is obvious that many of the whiners don't have a clue on how to get the info on their own. Many workers can draw full pay by just doing their jobs and to hell with being helpful or cordial to the consumers. A thank you does not cost you a penny. On top of that do you even have a clue that many of these employees actually provide professional input to speak against many of the regulations that are promulgated by the higher up! Sorry for the rant, but ragging on folks that try to be helpful, just because they represent and work for an agency you don't like, just sucks.

irishhunter

Reaction score
Thank you Eric and your comrades for your efforts in this project ,Im going to watch the condor recovery with great interest in the next five years. I see the provision in the act that lead levels in condors must be reported on every year ,I hope that that part of the law will be enforced as well as the ammunition ban .

easymoney

Reaction score
Most of us here already thanked Eric, but we are entitled to call out our government when it is dysfunctional or wasteful...
And I for one, will be watching the success rates for hatchlings that are placed into the wild by DFG employees. So far it has not a very good one considering the labor, money and attention spent...
Side bar,
wonder if DFG is going to go after the Tejon Ranch and stop the 26,000 new homes in the heart of the most pristine condor habitat left, considering development has displaced or led to the deaths of many condors?

ltdann

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (irishhunter @ May 8 2008, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thank you Eric and your comrades for your efforts in this project ,Im going to watch the condor recovery with great interest in the next five years. I see the provision in the act that lead levels in condors must be reported on every year ,I hope that that part of the law will be enforced as well as the ammunition ban .[/b]

Really? I missed that! Thats in the Ridley act?

chap_dog48

Reaction score
I am going to watch what happens in the next couple of years with the supposed “condor recovery” program. I really hope that the success of the condor’s return drops or stays the same in that 5 year period. Then let’s see what the environmentalist and the Calif. Government has to say about the ill fated bird’s recovery.

Will they then ban the lead ban?

Ya right!

We shall see in the coming years. I hope they just die off and we move on and save millions for the other real wildlife in the state.

easymoney

Reaction score
They will never lift the ban, period...
And IMHO, the condors will continue to die of inexplicable causes, and more is to come...

irishhunter

Reaction score
Yes LT that provision is in the act section 3004.5 [d] and I too feel that the condor is doomed but we need to force lawmakers to comply with their own provisions as we are required to obey these laws which they see fit to make .

WildlifeBranch

Reaction score
My understanding is the Tejon agreement will result in 90% of the ranch remaining as wildland; without the agreement there would be no guarantees on amount conserved. Being private land, that seems to be a pretty good amount for conservation to me-- cheers.

Today we provided our recommendation to eliminate the bag limit on Eurasian collared doves to the Commission. Season same as dove season.

We also proposed a fall turkey hunt in San Diego County

The commission also adopted the big game regulations highlighted by 23 sheep tags. highest ever. 2 were auction tags (instead of the 3 possible) the two tags sold for $85,000 (sold several weeks ago) and $60,000 (sold last week).

Proposed legislation woiuld eliminate the archaic "State Game Refuges" established for deer in the 1910s through a "sunset" clause in 2011.

Our new commissioner (Richards from So. Cal) appropriately suggested we should get with the new technology and have our deer boundaries (this was in relation to the condor no-lead boundary) able to be plugged in to google earth or downloadable by hunters on topo maps today. [we had the 1st cut of it done by this afternoon, using the "kml" capability for GE]; We will work to make all the deer zones available this way so you can see how "rough" the digitizing was when created!.

Also today, the Commissioners, led by Richards and Rogers showing their out of state point of sale licenses, really blasted us for not having our automated license system in place yet-- unexcusable I think they said.

eric

sportyg

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Eric, Please keep us posted on the progress

Top Bottom