California Big Game Booklet

snoopdogg

Reaction score
The California Big Game booklet should be coming to a mailbox near you AND DAY now! A hunting we will go, a hunting we will go...

fishnhunt

Reaction score
mabe this will be my M11 and tule elk year!!!!!!!!!!

.257magman

Reaction score
I say next year online apps.. and late next week for booklet!
magman

bpnclark

Banned
Reaction score
I thought the Internet was invented in California (or was it Al Gore?). I think the DF&G should spend more time on their website and online applications instead of wasting it on lead bullet bans.

It’s pretty bad when Wyoming and Colorado have better online systems than the State that has the Silicon Valley.

tmoniz

Banned
Reaction score
I think the DFG does a pretty good job with what they have to work with.
Personally. I like the big surprise in the mail.
Gets me motivated.
They do a better job at processing the results of the draw than most States do.

.257magman

Reaction score
like 2 years ago when they goofed and posted the night before for 17 minutes during a online test?..
long enough for me to see I drew my DEER, ANTELOPE tag....
When I called the next morning to find my sons hunting number she flipped out because I told her
all about what I drawn and she said no those aren't official results and won't count on them till 5 pm
the next day and may not accurate.....but the damage was done and I also posted what happened here and on
another site a soon as I known!.. so a few got lucky...but that day suck for them big time from what I heard!
so DFG is far from having it together......hope they do pull it out and have online apps next year ..I know its been voted on
and passed and funded and all IT personal been hired and programs scopes are done!
so it coming!
All I do is hunt! don't golf, bowl, join a dart league! so I have to hang out on states web site drooling
for mistakes and to catch first results a day or two before they are to post.. i do the same with Credit Cards
hits for out of states draws...
.257magman

ducknutz

Reaction score
Every year since the implementation of our bonus points, I've seen the results posted on the website on the Friday before it's "official". I've been told I was full of $hit when others couldn't see it after the test was over too. Heads-up for this year guys, start checking DFG at about 3:00pm the Friday before "official" and check every 10-15 minutes. They close the office at 5:00pm, so it's only two hours of our lives wasted. Not that a day matters, I just want to know asap. Good luck to everyone in the draw this year!

tmoniz

Banned
Reaction score
What's funny is the year they had that major blunder. My results were correct.
Even though I double checked later on.

bobby7321

Reaction score
the fact that CA DFG doesn't have an online system is down right embarrassing. Its really not that big of a deal to put together. No matter how complicated their database structure may be, it wouldn't take long for someone that knows what they are doing to set it up. Or just farm it out to some 3rd party like some of the other states. I have an idea that they just don't have the right people taking care of this department (if anyone). Just an observation seeing how horrible the dfg site is to navigate.

New Mexico has the cleanest easiest online system as far as I'm concerned.

snoopdogg

Reaction score
It's here folks, just keep looking in your mail. I'm really impressed with what they've done the last couple of years in terms of layout, design and FAQ's contained therein. Good stuff.

gwhunter69

Reaction score
So, it should be in my mailbox? If not, we will all meet at Snoop's and read his...

84toyota

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bobby7321 @ Apr 14 2008, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
the fact that CA DFG doesn't have an online system is down right embarrassing. Its really not that big of a deal to put together. No matter how complicated their database structure may be, it wouldn't take long for someone that knows what they are doing to set it up. Or just farm it out to some 3rd party like some of the other states. I have an idea that they just don't have the right people taking care of this department (if anyone). Just an observation seeing how horrible the dfg site is to navigate.[/b]

Don't quote me on this, but I think that DFG is using the same 3rd party company which has set up the online system for many of the other states. That company ran into some problems with another state's online system, and that delay has cascaded down through all other states which were standing in line to use that company... of course, that was the word a year ago...

Ken

Sporty

Reaction score
For those of you who aren't getting them mailed to you. The regional offices should have them. Got a big pile of them in Redding.
Good luck to all,
Sporty

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom