California: Sheriff's Office puts form to carry a concealed weapon on its website

NRA RSS Feed

The path to register to legally carry a concealed weapon in San Joaquin County has become less concealed, with the county Sheriff's Office putting the necessary forms on its website.The Sheriff's Office added a new button to its home page to get visitors to the forms, a move it announced on Monday.

More...

Where's Bruce?

Yeah...filled it out but now I have to wait for an "appointment" to submit it. No word from OC yet. This is week 2 now that I've been waiting. I think it's gonna be a long wait.

hks95134

Banned
In Santa Clara County, you just drop off your form, and then they contact you later, sometime within the next 6 months.

In the meantime you can take the required class, although it is hard to find a state licensed instructor.

Last edited:

Common Sense

In the meantime you can take the required class, although it is hard to find a state licensed instructor.

The CA CCW is great because it is good anywhere in CA, even San Francisco! It is not so great if you travel out of state, because unlike your driver's license, the CA CCW permit is not good in most other states(CA won't honor other state's CCWs, so other states won't honor CA's).

If you travel out of state, you can get a CCW from Florida or Utah that is good in like 37 states(but not CA). You can get one of these permits if you live in CA, even if you can't get a CA CCW. Dan Wells(The gun school) in Santa Maria is an instructor for these states and gives classes all over CA. You can google him if interested.

Top Bottom