California Wants Faster Forestry Approvals in Wildfire Fight

Plain ol' Steve

Reaction score
I'm sure this will take forever but it gives me some hope.

[FONT=&quot]California wildland managers said this week that they want to speed up logging and prescribed burns designed to slow wildfires that have devastated communities in recent years.

[/FONT]
https://www.insurancejournal.com/news/west/2019/01/31/516387.htm

Bankrunner

Reaction score
Interesting article. It would be nice if the sierra club and all their spin off environmental groups would realize that prescribed burns/fires are good for the environment. It's ironic that all the environmental restricts that they help put in place or supported to limit prescribed burns and logging has helped natural fires destroy the forests they were trying to protect. I've been in a lot of the wildfire burn areas and in some areas the whole forest is burnt to a crisp, including all the big timber.
I hope our government does ease or streamline the revue and approval process, it would help the deer ;)

Limited Out

Reaction score
Another area that is overlooked is stricter building codes regarding fire proof/resistant building materials and their applications. A lot of homes that burned this summer were long distances from log able timber. There are lots of aspects to solving this problem.

ChrisAMX

Reaction score
Interesting article. It would be nice if the sierra club and all their spin off environmental groups would realize that prescribed burns/fires are good for the environment. It's ironic that all the environmental restricts that they help put in place or supported to limit prescribed burns and logging has helped natural fires destroy the forests they were trying to protect. I've been in a lot of the wildfire burn areas and in some areas the whole forest is burnt to a crisp, including all the big timber.
I hope our government does ease or streamline the revue and approval process, it would help the deer ;)
The main group that is suing to stop logging near me, is the Center For Biodiversity (CBD). They have become extremely powerful and I think everyone here should check out their website just to see who they are and what they are up to. They were also instrumental in getting the Canadian Wolf on the endangered list here in CA. I think the only way to stop the CBD, is to have an equally powerful group counter-suing. They need to get a taste of their own medicine.

Top Bottom