Calm seas in Mendo

CAjackrabbitWCP

Reaction score
Great pics, back out at SCI and I had a couple of run in's with some blue sharks and they gave me a little spook. Lets just say it 's a good thing I didn't shoot anything.

Question, do you put a lanyard on your fish clip and float it behind you or do you keep your clip right on your belt?

Dain V

Reaction score
It depends. If I am hunting reef fish I dont run a float line, it seems to always get caught under rocks then I waste my lungs freeing it, so I just clip my stringer to my belt. If I plan on covering a lot of water I bring a float with a game bag attached. As I move along I clip the bag to a kelp stringer and drop the fish off. The portable float is also nice to clip your gun to and then be able to freely pick scallops.

When I shoot a yellowtail or WSB I just play the fish with the float line untill it wraps up or dies. Then I grab the fish in between the gills and brain it, then string it on my belt. Some times If a fish wraps up real deep I will recover it with my riffe popper float, and then clip the fish to the end of the float and haul it to the boat.

The main reason I clip fish to my belt is because the kelp is so thick I cant drag a float. But if I was running into blues I would probably use a float.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom