Cam parts running scarce

horndog

Reaction score
It seems like all the parts for the home brew cams are running scarce now a days,(MS-20 boards, canon sure shots)Has anyone come up with or used anything different than what is listed on Jesses' page? I know hunting season is up in some states and gettting ready to start in others so I was curious if anyone had any new ideas......Maybe something worth looking into.

hamiltoe

Reaction score
Horndog,
Although, I use the Canon Owl PF, I use the X10 sensor instead of the MS-20 or Radio Shack PIR.  You probably need to be an experienced solderer to build it.

h2obobh2o

Reaction score
our local "ritz" camera store just came up with a shipment of owl PF's, they are selling them for 39.98...I think the canon owl PF's can still be found, and I use the rs-49-425 sensor, they were just on sale last month for 19.99

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 Amazon.com has the PF Date for sale,they are in stock.I also see the PF's and AF's for sale on Ebay all the time just search "canon owl" I think its just easier to go to Amazon and buy them and just as cheap after bidding things up and paying shipping,also get them faster than dealing with people who dont care when you get your product.

troll

Reaction score
The guy at Service Merchandise told me that the Canon Owl PF (kit for 49.99 w/ batteries, camera holder and film) is still being made and they get weekly shipments.  Sounds like I'll be checking out Ritz based on the above price, though.  As far as the PIR, lamson and radio shack are still making them and are easier to modify than the MS20.  Not to worry, you just have to look a little harder than used to be with some of the components.

Bloodhound

Reaction score
Horndog, I used a Fujifilm 90 and I am having great results with it...Cost 23.00,  7.00 shiping I will try to get my scanner up later and post a couple picks.... One guy found it in the woods and used the last 7 pics up trying to figure it out what it was..

Possum

Reaction score
Bloodhound:  LUCKY-LUCKY-LUCKY.

h2obobh2o: Check and see if that is the Date model.  Their catalog said it was just an OWL without date.

Horndog:  Target had them last week for 49.99.  Came with two batteries, case, 400 speed film, and camera.  What  a deal.  KMART has them also in stock right now.  I am in SC.
Someone is using the Lamson light-motion detector available at LOWES I believe.  You can always use the RS PIR.  They are more expensive but are good.

You can always come to SC on vacation and buy all you need.  We need the tourist dollars.:7-bouncin:

Bloodhound

Reaction score
Possum, It is a date model..Discovery 90 date.. I am in SC also but could not find any canons that would work...

h2obobh2o

Reaction score
Possum,

I will ask my buddy at work tomorrow.  When he saw my pictures from my camera, he wanted a Canon owl pf just to carry in his fanny pack to take pictures of anything he might come across while hunting, or if he gets a deer, he will have a camera to take a picture of himself with his deer. I will check it out to verify if it is a date or not.   Bloodhound- WOW, that is lucky that the guy looking at your camera didn't have ill intentions! I guess there are still some decent people on the earth (other than all of you guys of course!!)ha ha.

Possum

Reaction score
Bloodhound, Target at Harbison Rd. in Columbia and KMART at Bush River Rd.  They just started stocking them.

HHConsult

Reaction score
Bloodhound;

Do you know anything about modification of Fuji AV60 Date? Is it like the 90? Where could I find out more about this camera? Also, do you know how to contact Jaggermax (link is broken on main page)?

Thanks!

Bloodhound

Reaction score
HH,
         I have not tried the 60 but I understand it needs a refresh pulse to keep it awake..I tried E-Mailing Jaggermax but got no reply...

HHConsult

Reaction score
Bloodhound;

Sorry, I'm at work, so in and out--

Do you know what interval for the refresh pulse on a camera of this type? I can do that easily enough with the timing setup I am using. I assume this means "half press" on the shutter switch?

Thanks for the reply and the help, and if you contact Jaggermax, please let him know that I would like to hear from him!

Bill Hudson (HHConsult@aol.com)

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi HH,
Do a search of this forum with the keywords "AF 60"  A while back I made some long-winded post about this cam and it's timing requirements.  If you have no luck I can e-mail specs.
Did you note Jesses comment regarding this cam and its frame counter problems??  This cam is a REAL pain!!  Recommend that you don't use it!!

Archilochus

h2obobh2o

Reaction score
Possum,

YEP, you were right, I had my buddy look at his camera, and sure enough, it's not a date model....He was a little upset, but considering what he is using it for, he wasn't to mad.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom