Cam Setup

bklf7

Reaction score
What is the difference between a Sony- U and Sony- LE chip? Trying to figure out what to buy to setup my sony p31

thehunter

Reaction score
I am assuming that you are talking about the Pix Universal and the Pix LE. They both will work on the P32 /52 and I think the P31. The LE does not have all the bells and whisles as the Pix U board. You have a lot more options on the Pix Universal. But the LE is cheaper. It all depends on what you want to do with the cam set up. Both are good boards.

The Pix Universal is also a little bigger then the LE.

Welcome to the forum if you need help just post and some one will answer.

bklf7

Reaction score
I am going to be using this cam for the normal in the woods use. Any setup tips would help. Thanks for the info on the boards. I am sure I will have plenty of questions in the near future.

thehunter

Reaction score
I would do a search on P32 cams. (Should be the same for a P31) and look at the various post. Next I would look at the various members webshot pages, My pictures, or other links under the members names and look at their cam set ups. See what cameras fit in what cases. Look at the various set ups to see what you would like it have in your unit. Take their ideas and use them for your unit.

Pixcontroller has a kit that would give you an idea of what you would need to build a cam and the price.

bklf7

Reaction score
Ok thanks I will do that. I was told that the p32 is the same but also was told it maybe different. I guess I will have to ask pixcontrollers.

iowabucks

Reaction score
I would have to say the P31 and P32 are totally different. The P32 and P41 are similar, hacks are almost identical. The P31 is a totally different hack, alot harder, with very small solder points. Proceed only if you are confident in your soldering skills.

P32

P31

The Sony U and LE chip can only be used in their respective boards.

Attachments

bklf7

Reaction score
Well I got the cam for 2.25 so I guess it is worth giving it a try. Wish me luck.

Top Bottom