• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Camcorder help

Hi folks,
I'm NE of Dallas and have four 8 mm cassettes taken over 8 years ago. I do not have a camcorder or any way to play them back. I would like to play them back and save them to dvd, but as I said, have no way to do play them back. I do have a dvd recorder to use to record them as they're played back. The tapes are 120 min but none of them are full.

If anyone has a mini 8/hi8 camcorder and is in the area and would like to help me out, please email me. I would appreciate it.
Charliebee

Marty

Charlie,
If you cannot find someone with a camera, then check Goodwill (shopgoodwill.com).
You may be able to get one for under $20 shipped to your door.

Is there anywhere else to ask around? Hunting buddies, shooting range, city / community events coordinator... ?

Thanks for the tip. I'll check. I bought a camcorder off fleabay and it supposedly worked but when I got it, the cassette carriage was all messed up. Now I'm fighting with the seller to get my money back. And those services want $20 or so per tape and I'm not even sure how long I recorded on them.
Thanks again for the tip, there is a goodwill store near me.
CB

Top Bottom