Camera above or below PIR?

kerux

Reaction score
Ok... I am patiently waiting a week before going to get my first camera from the field and see if it got some critters on film.  I made it with the PIR above the camera, but am going to make a couple more this week and was wondering if any of you have found it to make a difference as to whether you put the PIR above or below the camera?  Thanks

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
kerux, This is a coin toss. It really dosn't matter, but if you put the PIR on top of the camera you can't put a site glass in the top of your box to see the picture count on your camera.Other than that I have built them both ways and I have put them on the side of the camera.I prefer the PIR below the camera so I can put a site glass to see my pic count without opening the box. LOL

(Edited by TNDEERHUNTER at 6:26 pm on Aug. 13, 2002)

shufigo

Reaction score
Nope, "what it sees is what you get". If the PIR can "see" it, and it's aligned with the camera, you're there.

shadow

Reaction score
I have a couple with the pirs mounted side by side to the camera and one on top...makes no differance as far as I can tell.  Going to try to leave your cam out a whole week for the first time...I see mid roll rewind coming on...  Good luck and looking forward to some pics.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
It don't really matter as far as function but I always put the cam on top because if something happens and the enclosure fills with water, maybe the $50 camera itself won't be submerged...........

Tinhorn

Top Bottom