camera body question

ranchwife

Reaction score
I currently am using a Canon EOS digital rebel SLR (that I purchased about 6 years ago) with two lenses that I absolutely love. I also have a good photo editing program. However, as I get more into photography, I'm wondering what the advantages are of having a camera body like the Canon 7D or similar. Is there an improvement in the quality of photos that make it worth buying another camera? My favorite things to photograph are macro insects, landscapes, and portraits. Would a more expensive camera make those photos better, or am I ok to stick with what I have and edit the photos? Thanks!

Big Moose

Reaction score
That's a good question. I'm also using a Canon EOS SLR (T2i) and have thought of the 7D too. Mainly for the better auto focus and metering. Other photographers have said it is the lens that makes the quality. I have a Tamron 70-300 now and I'm saving for my first "L" lens...hoping to improve my photos. I'm looking forward to a response to your question.

Moose

Kit Fox

Reaction score
Good lens do help when taking photographs, they aren't the only contribution to image quality. The newer digital cameras suffer from less digital noise (especially at higher ISOs). Newer cameras have scene great improvements in low light focusing ability, exposure metering, and huge improvement in dynamic range. That being said, the older 7D isn't much of an improvement to your camera: http://www.dxomark.com/Cameras/Camera-Sensor-Database/Canon

Top Bottom