Camera completed

4huntin

Reaction score
Just thought I'd let you guys know, I got everything wired up last night and tests perfectly!!  Now, for a little camo job and I'll be hanging it next week.  One question though, the rs pir seems awfully sensitive.  Is this normal??  I mounted the whole piece together the way it came so as not to upset the distance from the lens.  Is there a good way to mount the board in the enclosure?  How do you precisely measure the distance from the pir to the fresnal lens with the lid closed?  I'm using a 6 x 6 pvc box.

Gumboyaya

Reaction score
you should a mounted the camera and pir facing through the back of the box and open the lid to access all. i dissasemle the pir and cut a 1" x 1 1/2" hole in the box and glue the fresnal lens from the inside. i mount the pir in its housing (minus the lens) up against where i glued the lens so the distance is the same. to mount i sand the entire face of the plastic housing (flatten the rounded area all across) and then glue it flush agains teh pvc box.
Gumbo

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
4huntin Welcome to JHP!!! I use th RS PIR and they are sensitive. I take mine out of the original holder and mount it in my box. I move the distance to about 3/4" to 1" this makes it a little less sensitive. Also if you don't center it on your fresnal lense it will make it less sensitive. If you do a search there was a thread a few months ago that told everyones ideas.LOL

Latest Posts

Top Bottom