camera dont work

fadetoblack76

Reaction score
got my pir(radio shack) hooked up just as in diagram camera wired like diagram also.went to test and red eld lights for warm up then goes out then when pir is triped led lights.. then i switch my dpdt switch over to camera and nothing happens i trip pir and dont hear relay click closed but about 2-3 seconds after i trip it i hear it open back up. put shutter push button back on and it fires just fine.WTF. thanks for the help
jason

fadetoblack76

Reaction score
wait a minute,  I hooked the dang shutter contact wire up to the wrong spot. Ihooked it up to the little shiny circle down and right of where ishould have. did i fry anything.hope  not

fadetoblack76

Reaction score
ok i put a jumper wire between two wires coming out of camera and it trips. so the camera is working. where do i go from here?

davered1

Reaction score
hook camera wires direct to relay wires with no jack or plug. Does it work? If not check continuity with relay tripped to be sure it's closing when you trip pir. do you have continuity? put meter on 1 ohm or 10 ohm and touch leads together meter will jump to other side till you seperate leads. do this with relay wires to camera and it should do the same thing if relay is working right

fadetoblack76

Reaction score
yea i hooke on of my wires onto the wrong spot on my jack. three prongs i thought that two were the same aparently (after 2 hours)not. thanks forthe help. davered

Top Bottom