Camera Fires Once

Rooter

Reaction score
First of all I do not have an LED walk test light hooked up to either of my cams and the do not have timers.  When I intially power up the sensor I leave the camera power on, but switch off the connection to the relay.  The trouble is when I turn it on the camera always takes a pic.  Is this normal?  It works fine after that.  I just don't want to always waste that first pic when i turn it on.  Is this normal.  I am pretty sure I hooked both sensors up OK.

Dbworld

Reaction score
That's why the led is nice.  When the light goes off then you turn on the power to the camera avoiding this initial pic.  You could also listen for the click of the relay (unless it's a reed relay) to let you know it is off then turn on the switch to the camera.....assuming you have a separate toggle for your camera.  

shrtcirkt

Reaction score
It's normal with or without the LED. The LED only gives you a clue as to when there is no motion sensed to trigger the camera. The only way around it that I know of is to have a startup delay programmed in Like JoeD and Brian have in their chips.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Sounds like the relay is still closed when you flip the switch.  There is a 60 sec warmup on Most PIR's so if you flip the switch before this is up, the relay contacts are still closed and it will snap a pix.

Wait Longer........

IF you had an LED, you'd flip the switch when it went out and...... no pix.....

Tinhorn

Rooter

Reaction score
I guess I will be adding a couple LED's.  Thanks

Rooter

bat

Reaction score
Rooter that led is not only good for the initial setup, it is a valuable little tool in troubleshooting the camera.  you only need the one to help with the setup and to tell when the pir is completely warmed up.  Then switch it to the cam mode.  It should not come on with the switch in the cam mode...at least mine doesn't.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom