Camera fires when turned on.

treestandman2

Reaction score
I am just putting the finishing touches on my first game camera and have a problem.  It seems I read about it somewhere but just can't remember where.  I am using a Lamson pir hooked straight through the provided light socket which gives me about a one minute delay.  I have a dpdt switch to go between the led and the cannon sure shot pf.  I built a sheet metal case and everything is going pretty good but when I switch to the camera it fires one picture.  I am turning on the camera first, closing the box and then turning the switch to camera.  That is when the camera snaps one picture.  Any ideas.  STILL LEARNING!!!

max

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing.When you turn the switch on you are"connecting" the wires which make the camera snap a shot . Then its fine until the PIR is triggered?
                                 MAX

Hey Boy

Reaction score
 I was having the same problem w/ the RS PIR. It was driving me crazy. I really thought the was somrthing wrong with the unit. The fellas here taught me well and I'll pass that on. You need to givew the PIR a chance to deactivate.  When you sw. from test to on  or off to on you activate the sensor.

If you used a LED wait until the light goes off. I you have no light wait 30 secs.         Hey Boy

I think I'm going to put my 15 Year old dog down in the next couple of days.   REAL  BUMMA   :cry-blue:

gizz

Reaction score
To take Hey Boy's answer one step farther. If you guys didn't swap out the 1 min resistor to have less of a delay between pics then you'll have to wait AT LEAST a minute for the PIR to reset after testing your "aim".
Also If your using DPDT /center off and you have the center off hooked up to cut power to the PIR then when you go from LED to CAM you are cutting power then reapplying it again. You will get a pic this way as well. But if your using a seperate power switch(recommended) for the PIR then this won't be a problem.
Hope i didn't confuse you with that....Never types out as good as it sounds.

GWHunter

Reaction score
If you use the DPDT WITHOUT the center off you can switch the power from LED to camera anytime and it will not waste a pic because the power is not shut off then back on as with the center off DPDT.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Hey Boy,

Hate to hear about your best friend, some decisions are really hard but sometimes it's the best thing to do

Tinhorn

Top Bottom