Camera flash and PIR

outbackalltheway

Reaction score
Well, I have my d390 up and running, but I noticed that when the sensor trips and my camera powers up it only takes a picture sometimes. It is almost like I have to be standing directly in the line of the sensor and moving before it takes a pic. I also have to be standing pretty close. Is this right?

PaPaBob

Reaction score
I had the same problem with the new RSP3i chip which uses the On/OFF wiring configuration when using the D-380. In talking to Bill at Pixcontroller he deteremined that the signal to power up the camera was not long enough to trigger the refreshing of the flash capacitor every time. So, he reprogrammed the chip for a longer initial ON signal. That seemed to work.

I don't know if the D-390 chip works the same way but a workaround would be to turn the camera to full ON. This allows the flash capacitor to charge fully. No close it. No open the camera to the OFF position and start up your cam and see if that works. I have found that after a few triggers that it charges properly and takes all pictures.

Hope this helps.

outbackalltheway

Reaction score
IN MESSING WITH THE CAMERA AND STUFF, i NOTICED THAT AFTER TAKING SOME PICS WITH IT, IT WOULD WORK. I JUST NEVER REALIZED WHAT WAS HAPPENING. THANKS FOR THE INFO BOB!

Top Bottom