Camera Jack

Lew

Reaction score
Question for the electronic experts.  I have been using a 2.5mm stero jack in my Canon Owl PF, but I bought it locally and the quality is not that good.  The last thing I want to do is have a failure and have to replace them later.  Looking at places like Mouser for a better quality jack is daughting for someone like me, they have hundreds.  Is there a suggestion out there about what to use or order and from where ?  Looking for something that is small and high quality.  Thanks  Lew

shrtcirkt

Reaction score
Lew,
I have been using the 2.5 mm jack from mouser without any trouble so far.
One thing that I have considered doing is coating the inside of the jack (where I solder the leads) with silicone dielectric grease. I'm hoping it will keep corrosion to a minimum.
HTH

Rooter

Reaction score
I like the phone jacks.  They click together with a solid "click" and are pretty cheap.  

shrtcirkt

Reaction score
I like to mount my jack right on the camera, this way I do not have any wires hanging off the camera itself.
I would like to usee phone jacks but they are too big to mount to the camera.

Lew

Reaction score
shrtcirkt,  Do you have a part number for the Mouser jack??  Trying to track one down from their list is difficult to say the least.  Lew

shrtcirkt

Reaction score
Lew,
I use the mouser pn 16PJ100 for the jack, I do not use the refresh so I also use the mouser 172-2003 90 degree 2.5mm plug. The plug comes with 6' of lead on it and the extra wire comes in useful.
HTH

Lew

Reaction score
HTH,  Thanks for the information.  I looked up the part numbers and they look just like what I need.  As soon as I get a short list of things to order, I will get some coming to try them out.  Lew

Top Bottom