davered1

Reaction score
steve(hamiltoe) has been around this board for a long time now. You won't go wrong buying one of his kits, he has put alot of time into them and stands behind his products.

So do everyone else here that offer kits and timers like joed,brian and ******.

You can't go wrong with any of them

dave

LW

Reaction score
 Terrell, I built my first cam with Steve Hamiltons pre-assembled board, I do not recommend you get the unassembled one unless you are really good at soldering, at any rate it is very simple to mount the board with the template and standoffs he provides, just solder 2 wires to the cam and 2 to your battery pack and thats it. It is also very easy to use. I took mine by a friends house on the way to the woods the first time to show off, he reached in his pocket and pulled out a wad of cash! I didn't even get to use it but have seen some of the pics, so take my word for it, when you finish it be real quiet about till AFTER you get it set up!  

(Edited by LW at 1:55 am on May 31, 2002)

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
Terrell, I used one of Hamiltoes kits andlike it very well. The only problem I had with it was my own. I didn't have a good battery,Duh. My fault. Steve worked with me though and helped me figure it out. Hard to believe such a small thing as low voltage was the problem but that was it. Anyway he is great and will give you all the support you need. I have one of his timer boards out in the woods now. Will get to check it Sun.Here is a pic of my cam with hamoltoes board, Good luck. MC.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/34411254/38803071TlXGyg

JoelM

Reaction score
Will the LCD event counter work with the MS20 sensor? If so How do you wire it up?

Thanks

Joel

Terrell

Reaction score
THANKS EVERYONE'

I WAS HOPEING I GOT GOOD COMMENTS CAUSE BY THE TIME I THOUGHT TO ASK YOU GUYS, I HAD ALREADY ORDERED ONE. THE PRESSURE IS OFF!!!!! I'VE MADE A CAMERA BEFORE BUT DIDN'T USE A TIMER. HIS KIT SEEM TO BE TRIMMED DOWN TO JUST WHAT YOU NEED FOR THE CAMERA TO WORK. THIS COULD HELP ME IN PICKING A SMALLER HOUSING.      THANKS AGAIN

" WHAT WE DO IN LIFE ECHOS FOREVER"

kmitch

Reaction score
JoelM,

I've used an event counter with the MS20. I use the Quality Kits timers. I bought them last year before JoeD, Brian, Hamiltoe, et al developed the timers and programmed chips that are available now. My event counter reads the same signal that goes to the camera shutter. I'm interested in how many picture I miss, not in how many times the PIR triggers. Keep in mind that the camera and the event counter both apply currents to the circuit to sense the position on the contacts. With the Quality Kits timer the output is SPDT relay. To make the event counter work I connect the camera shutter to the COMMON and NO contacts. The event counter is connected to the COMMON and NC contacts.

If you want the event counter to trigger each time the PIR triggers, the MS20 would require a SPDT relay instead of a SPST.

Keith

Top Bottom