Camera mounting tip, easy & simple

Pic

Reaction score
Here's a GREAT idea my friend thought of and did, in order to mount his camera in a box which is big (amo box).
He took his Owl PF camera, pushed it into a mixture of plaster paris(saran wrap between camera and pp of course). Once it hardened, he put a piece of saran wrap in the mold, then poured some more plaster paris into the mold to make the shape of the camera. THEN, he took the plaster paris mold of his camera, and pushed into a fiberglas mixture to make a casing for the camera to fit into. You can vary the depth of the fiberglass casing. You can make it the depth of the camera or half, either way, it's a very good way to hold the camera in place and it takes care of the flashback, because it moulds to the shape of the camera.. Once your fiberglass mold is done, you can either drill 4 holes and bolt it to the box or glue it in, then, slip the camera in. He has found that if the mould is 3/4 the depth of the camera, it will hold the camera in place without anything else.

Good luck

treestandman2

Reaction score
I made my own sheet metal box and spot welded a single piece of sheet metal for a shelf then drilled one hole where the camera tripod would attach.  Camera is a Olympus D-370 which goes in and out real easy and lines up perfect everytime.

jeffhoover

Reaction score
The fiberglass idea sounds cool, but won't the camera overheat with something that tight around it?

Pic

Reaction score
Jeff, so as far as I know, he's had no problem, the back is open, and I think that's enough.

pietromarc

Reaction score
pIc
Do you have any picture of your formed case? do you use this as the primary or secondary case?

Top Bottom