Camera only takes one picture

mohican

Reaction score
I need some help.  I am using the Radio Shack PIR and having a problem.  When I wave my hand in front of the sensor the LED lights and works fine.  However when I hook up the camera and flip the switch to activate the camera it goes off but doesn't reset to take the next picture.  Any help, I followed Jesse's directions and diagram.  The LED seems to work fine.

mohican

Reaction score
Update.  I can see continuity when the sensor trips across the DC power plug to the camera.  On the camera side if I short the shutter switch for one second the camera fires just fine.  So now I am totally confused.  Everything measures out but not when connected using the Coaxial plugs from Radio Shack.

wapiti

Reaction score
Mine does the same if I have the switch on the PIR set to the left, when I moved it to the right it works fine.

feathermax

Reaction score
Read the directions for the radio shack PIR. It says something about removing the battery and waiting a minute before turning back on, if your getting erratic signals.
I have my PIR set to chime. If it is in "alarm" it will only take one picture.
As I recall, before I took the PIR apart, I tried the alarm in the alarm mode. In that mode it continues to alarm until it is turned off. In the chime mode it chimes each time it is tripped.
I think, as you are looking at the back of it, alarm is left, off is middle and chime is right.
Hope this helps

mohican

Reaction score
Put a new connector on and it works fine.  Thanks for the responses

Top Bottom