Camera Pics

Bob R

Reaction score
Got these pics off of the camera this week.  Nice Arkansas deer.  The night time pic was taken last Sunday night, the afternoon pic was this past Wednesday afternoon.  It shows that the ladder stand is only about 11 yards from the camera.
Muzzle loader season opens the 20th.

(Edited by Bob R at 8:51 pm on Oct. 12, 2001)

Bowfever

Reaction score
Great pics,  the deer in that first pic would make me forget why I was sitting in a stand with a bow in my hand.  I would however know why my knees were shaking and my palms were sweaty.......

Bowfever

gtk

Reaction score
How 'bout telling us exactly where in Arkansas ?? LOL

Super nice buck....

gizz

Reaction score
Geeze Bob R!
Nice is and understatement. I'd be a sittin there!

(Edited by gizz at 8:18 pm on Oct. 12, 2001)

Arrowhead

Reaction score
Holy crap......

That is a nice buck......

In the first pic is that something in his mouth? Is he chewing on something? Almost looks like something hanging out of both sides of his mouth.

Bowfever

Reaction score
I had to come back and admire that pic one more time.  Yes I do believe that is one of them long bean pods sticking out of his mouth!!!!!  Never thought they would take a liking to them??

Bowfever

Bob R

Reaction score
The deer is eating a bean pod off of a locust tree.  I did not realize that they would eat them.  The camera is attached to the locust tree.

As to where it is, if you are familiar with north Arkansas, it is in Sharp County.  I own about 125 acres up there, about an hour drive from the house.

There are 2 trails between the camera and the ladder stand.  I have quite a few rolls of film from this trail over the last 5 weeks or so, lots of bucks and does, but this is the first pic of this big boy.  It gives me the motivation to stay in the stand all day.

My 16 year old son will be sitting in the ladder next Saturday morn.  I would rather him get a shot at something than me.

Stickbow

Reaction score
Bob R,

"Nice Arkansas deer"...My man, that's a nice buck ANYWHERE!!

Great pics, be sure and share the photo of your son posing with him after he bags him!

troll

Reaction score
Alright!  I've had it with Michigan deer!  I'm moving to Arkansas! :mad-fumin-red:  

Great pics!!!

Possum

Reaction score
What is that? About 150+? Nice buck!  I know where I'd be hunting.

SIMPLEARKANSAN

Reaction score
BOB, IT'S NICE TO SEE ANOTHER ARKANSAN ON HERE.  I WAS BEGINNING TO THINK I WAS THE ONLY ONE.  I HAVE 3 CAMS OUT RIGHT NOW AND HAVEN'T GOTTEN ANYTHING AS NICE AS YOUR BUCK.  I RELOCATED MY CAMS THE LAST TIME I SET THEM OUT, SO I HOPE TO HAVE BETTER LUCK.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Hey Bob-ert

nice buck.......

Deer in Missouri eat those Locust pods like candy.....

Tinhorn

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
Bob R,

Nice bucks.  Especially, that one at night.  The Arkansas whitetail deer book lists Locust beans as a favorite food for whitetail deer although I have never seen one eating them.

Brian

jayber

Reaction score
Now there's one I wouldn't pass on!!!  Very nice pics Bob!  Good luck bagging him....

Bowfever

Reaction score
Thought I'd bring this one to the top again...  So he can be seen with his brother...

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Great pics Bob. How many point do you think he has?

Bob R

Reaction score
Jesse,

You can see 11 points, 6 on the left beam, 5 on the right.  If you start counting back from the front point, they match all the way back to the G-3 points, and you can see the G-1's.  I am thinking that the G-2 on the right beam is behind the cluster of the G-3 and G-4.  Hoping anyway.  If that is true, it would be a 12 pointer.  Whatever it is, I have never seen one that size in the woods!!

Thanks for the GREAT website.  This camera was built with info gained here, and only here.  Without this info, I would have never been able to build my first camera, much less all the others that I have built!  Thanks, again.

Bob

Top Bottom