Camera Rewinds film Before end

Gobbler

Reaction score
I have two Owl Cameras that worked fine for about a year and now they have started rewinding after just 2 or 3 shots.  Both cameras are in different units and like I said worked fine for about a year.  Batteries have been changed, can not figure out what is going on.  Any clues or tips?  When the first one started doing it I just figured it was a bad camera but now a second has started the same.  The film rewinds like it is a full roll but only 2-3 shots have been taken.

rshealer@sitestar.net

Anything you can share or pass on would be great.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Was wondering if the film in both camera's came out of the same box or bought at the same time,  maybe it's a bad batch of film (canister problem)  

I'm making a guess that the camera knows it's at the end of the roll when the film stops advancing or takes a lot of force (stalls the motor sort of thing)  If the film is tuck in the canister it may think "That's All Folks" and rewind.......

Tinhorn

bat

Reaction score
How does the camera know when it advances to the right spot.  It may be advancing all the way to the end without stopping and then rewinding...just a thought!

Dbworld

Reaction score
I'm with Tinhorn....two cameras doing the same thing at the same time. Too much of a coincidence.  I bet it's the film wound too tight or something?   Especially if they happened to be from the same pack.  

Gobbler

Reaction score
Wish it was the film.  One camera belongs to my buddy in PA and the other is mine here in VA.  We are using different films.  He started having this problem this winter and never could figure out what was wrong.  Everytime he took his film in to be processed there would only be two photos.  Now this problem has started on one of my units.  We have tried different batteries and different types of film.  

I agree that it is a tension problem or the advance is sticking for some reason and taking it to the end and then rewinding.

First camera started doing this, I thought it was just a bad camera.  Two doing it is making me wonder though.

HELP!  

davered1

Reaction score
Your solder joints could have came loose at the pin and wiggling causing them to  touch the mid-roll rewind pin(next to it on most cameras).

Have you ripped one apart and resoldered it?

Dave

Latest Posts

Top Bottom