CAMERA SEARCH

coyotehunters

Reaction score
I AM IN SEARCH OF CAMERAS THAT CAN BE WIRED FOR GAME CAMERAS.WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR WHEN BUYING SO THAT YOU CAN TELL IF IT CAN BE WIRED FOR A GAME CAMERA.

Stever

Reaction score
I am electronically challenged so I gotta go with what those pictures on JHP show for where and what to solder.(this limits my camera selection down, but increases my success ratio)
However I do know that it must not power itself down, should have a good flash.
Easiest is owl sure shot, af-7,8,9, snappy qt

Tinhorn

Reaction score
You can't tell by looking,  it must have an electrical shutter switch instead of a mechanical (unless you want to use a solenoid to press the button)  This is probably the most important consideration!

Also shutdown had to be considered, can it be defeated easily or not, battery life, etc

Tinhorn

davered1

Reaction score
most cameras with a electric shutter have a soft pad on camera, One that is mechanical usually has a hard plastic button you have to push down.

thats a start

:smiley-thumbs-up:

(Edited by davered1 at 10:12 am on Feb. 27, 2002)

Rooter

Reaction score
I have been keeping my eye on some of the Polaroid 35mm cameras.  They are no longer producing 35mm and deals can be found.  I know the 230 ff has a mechanical shutter, but there are some upper models that may work.  I just don't want to buy one of each to try them out.

INshedpicker

Reaction score
Ok, I've got a question on the mechanical vs. electronic shutter button issue.

While looking at many different cameras, I've found that the majority of the Owl-similar point and shoot cameras have a hard plastic shutter button, yet spec. sheets for the cameras list them as having a "programmed electronic shutter," and few listed as mechanical.  

So the question is this:  Is the actual type of shutter action independent of the shutter button's workings?  Or to put it in other terms, Is a manual shutter button commonly used in conjunction with a "programmed electronic shutter?"

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
Most have electronic shutters.

The hardness of the button doesn't matter.  The Owl PF button is somewhat hard in the center but flexible on the sides.

Usually, the cheaper cameras have the mechanical button.

It is one of those things you never know until you feel the button(still can't always tell) or read the specs.

davered1

Reaction score
Brian,

I bough t a cheap camera cause it had that hard plastic button but only depressed 1/16 of an inch. I assumed it was hitting a pad but it was just tripping a spring loaded arm for shutter

You r right can't tell much till you rip them apart.

I have a different polaroid coming  with date stamp I'll let you know how I make out

Top Bottom