Camera taking too many pics at time

snuffysmith

Reaction score
<font size="6">Text</font>
Have a Pentax auto-focus all wired up to the PIR and 5v Relay. Problem is the camera takes a series of three pics instead of just the one. I'm getting 7.5 vdc from the PIR and I'm thinking the relay is staying open too long. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi snuffy,
A bit more info on your setup would go a long way in trying to fix the problem.  Sensor, wiring diagram you used, etc.

Archilochus

snuffysmith

Reaction score
I'm trying to use a Pentax-505 auto focus and a Quorum Security PIR which uses a 9vdc battery. I'm getting 7.5 vdc out of the PIR and I'm kinda thinking that the 5vdc RS relay is staying closed too long. I have a few solid state relays which I plan to try, but I have to scrap them out of a piece of hardware first. The setup I have is wired and soldered exactly like the pic on Jesse's website and the camera is taking pics great. It's just taking too many at one time. Each time the relay closes, the camera takes three pics and I'd really like to get this down to one so as not to burn up all my film. Also, the flash capacitor discharges on the first pic and the next two aren't flashed due to the capacitor not having enough time to charge back up again. I have 3 wires coming from the camera to the PIR. Two are twisted together for the flash and shutter and the other wire is from the switch to fire the two. I wired in a resistance circuit and got the voltage down to 6 vdc, but it still fires the series of three pics...Any ideas?
Thanks

davered1

Reaction score
Run a meter off the outputs from the relay, how long is your pir staying triggered for ? I would guess about 15 seconds or longer from the sounds of it The polaroid can do the same thing, If the shutter is pressed for a long period of time(30 seconds) the camera will fire as soon as the cap charges  resulting in about 6 pics every 30 seconds. You may need to add a timer to the circuit or change cameras to a canon or olympus infinity jr.

Top Bottom