camera to board connectors

wisbowhunter

Reaction score
These connectors are called sevro extentions. They come in 2 different lengths 12 in. and 6 in. They are small and lock together tightly. The price I paid was $3.50 and you get the male and the female ends.

here is a pic.http://community.webshots.com/user/wisbowhunter

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
That is entirely no fair. I already made mine and those look great. Where did you get them? Looks like a pro job. Thanks, MC.

shrtcirkt

Reaction score
Get them at any hobby shop that sells radio control planes, boats, cars, helicopters......

jmak

Reaction score
Are these the same connectors that you used in your D370 cam. I thought I saw a post where you removed the tripod mount and installed a connector in its place. Can you provide more details.

Thanks

wisbowhunter

Reaction score
jmak, no I haven't used them on a d-370 yet, on them I use radio shack 3-conductor 3/32 submini stereo phone jacks #274-245 and 3 conductor submini phone plug #274-298.  
The jacks are small and square, just sand the corners down and it fits in the spot where the tri pod used to go into.

jmak

Reaction score
Thanks wisbowhunter. Do you remove the black plastic piece and glue the connecor in place. Do you have to ream out any other plastic on the case?

wisbowhunter

Reaction score
jmak, yes remove the black piece for the tri pod on the d-370 and the submini jack fits in its place if you sand the corners of the jack then glue it in.No cutting to the camera at all

jmak

Reaction score
Thanks again wisbowhunter. I have my camera and just ordered a board from Brian and cases from ******. Hope to be up and running by next weekend.

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
I like the idea of removing the tripod screw.  I'll try that when I do mine.  

I used the flat connectors like those on my cameras but I've been using a mini-din cable like on a computer mouse latly.  I get a 4 conductor Din Extension cable 6 feet long from Jameco for $0.69 each.  I can't even buy the flat plugs and pins and build my own for that.   Both a male and female end already attached.  The connection is pretty robust and I really like them.  Just cut to length and solder to the board and camera.  I am coming out the strap holes on the side of the owl so no drilling on the camera, leave the button intact and built in strain relief.  You would have to exit the camera somewhere else to use the pelican 1120 because of the width.  

Dobler

Reaction score
Even though you are a Badger fan, I stopped by RS today and picked up the plugs form my 370.  Thanks again Wis!!

u turned em

Reaction score
The servo connectors are probably a pretty good choice because they will lightly lock together and are available with two or three wires (color coded) attached.  They can  easily be found at any R/C hobby shop. If you want a bunch of them, then I suggest ordering them online from somewhere like http://www.towerhobbies.com to save a few dollars. They are sold by brand names like Futaba, JR, Hobbico, and Tower Hobbies just to name a few. The same connectors also are available pre-wired to  on/off switches and mini-plate mounted charging jacks.  

Top Bottom