Camera Upgrade

carolinahunter

Reaction score
I have a trail timer pro hunter system which has a Samsung 35 mm camera.  I want to know if my camera can be upgraded to a digital camera and still work with my system.  Can this be done, and how would I do it?  

davered1

Reaction score
you are probably better off to build a whole new unit with one of Brians digital chips. Your camera won't (i dont think) have a refresh suitable for a digital if it has one at all.
The flash and shutter holes probably won't line up either.I just got a D-370 digital today and its holes won't line up with any camera used here.

Building one will cost you around 200$, not that bad.

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
I agree with davered1. The refresh might work, but it is probibly short enough that your battery life would most likely be deminished. In addition, you would have to slice & dice the case to make it work.

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
Welcome carolinahunter to JHP. You should find all the help you need here. These guys are great.

LW

Reaction score
Been there, done that, I have a photo hunter too, My idea was to use the case and one of Brians timers and the D-370 , the flash and shutter hole is no problem just  get a new piece of plexiglass and paint the holes in,  but  I think Daver.. is right, although the ph case is compact and I like it alot,  for security reasons I decided to start from scratch with a metal case preferrably like the one Ark. ElkHunter had built. Would be nice though if you could just plug a digital cam into the PH's board, If you find out  you can please post it there are several here with that unit that might like to convert.

carolinahunter

Reaction score
davered1,
Where do I need to go to find out how to build this $200 camera?  What do I need to buy?

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
carolinahunter, here's a quick list:
D-370 cam - Have been on sale at office max
Brian's or Hameltoe's timer w/ 2.5 hr refresh- talk to them or I also have an etched board for Brians Chip and the MS20 (posted w/ MS20, but can do something else ifyou wanted too.)http://www.jesseshuntingpage.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard//topic.cgi?forum=11&topic=2592
MS20 or Radio Shack PIR - I personally prefer the MS20- Walmart or Radio Shack
Enclosure - Best bet would probibly be a first aid kit box from ******. Posibilities here are endless.
Switches and covers whereever you can get them at the best buy.

Can do if your frugle for around $200 - $250.

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
carolinahunter,

If you need some info on my chip email me and I will send it to you.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom