Camera will not take a picture

flarcher00

Reaction score
Ok The sensor (ms-20) is working fine with the test light but when I hooked the two leads up to the camera from the sensor nothing happens when it is triped. The camera is working when you touch the two leads from it together and it will take a pic when you hit the button. Is there something I am missing?

d91

Reaction score
I have had this problem when my battery dipped to about 8 volts.... charge your battery. Judging from this and the other question you asked about the relay continuously tripping... I'd say gizz was right and your battery is low.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
flarcher,

Since your camera takes a pic when you short the 2 wires together, it is working okay. Now to test the PIR and relay. When you trip the PIR and the relay activates, you should see a short (continuity) on the two contacts from the relay.

Before doing all this though and before troubleshooting any electronics, make double sure you have good voltage by checking with a meter. Many wierd problems turn out to be a low battery or loose contact from the battery. My god the time I've wasted chasing my tail only to find a weak battery or lead.

flarcher00

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the tips, I will try the checking the voltage I just but a lithum 9v for the sensor so it should be fine. As for the camera I will replace the two cheap O'S that it came with . The sensor trips when I have it setup with the LED but maybe something went wrong with the relay? Hell I don't know. I work on computer for a living but the camera is a whole new battle for me BUT IT HAS BEEN A BLAST. BY THE WAY SEARS IN MY TOWNS MALL CARRYS THE OWL PF'S THEY HAD TWO ON THE SHELF FOR 59.99 WHICH IS 10.00 DOLLARS MORE THAN WHAT I PAID AT AMAZON BUT AT LEAST I WOULD NOT OF HAD TO WAIT . I AM THINKING OF BUYING ANOTHER ONE FOR SAFE KEEPING ..

d91

Reaction score
that battery will last about one day..... (exaggerating a little)

I am using a 12V 1.2Ah sealed lead acid by Elk. Go to http://www.elkproducts.com to find a local distributor. They are about 12 dollars and last about two weeks or so.

look in your phonebook for a ritz camera chain store near you... they have them for 40.

Top Bottom