Cameras, Hard to find.

Kenn

Reaction score
Hey guys, went to the local Walmart and Meijers and came up empty on the cameras. Have any new models been hacked lately, that arent up on the site? I dont mind being the first to try and hack a new one, but how can I tell if it has a sleep mode prior to buying it?
thanks
Kenn

coyote

Reaction score
Hi Kenn
I'd say stick to finding owls.  Untill I met Eagle eye and some others here I had all but given up on camera's.  I don't know bout your area but I know I could buy hundreds and I'm in canada.  In fact the one chain store I buy all mine said there computer showed 300+ camera's available.and sales on them.
If you look at other cams read the manuals and they with tell that they have a 5 minute non use bat. savers.  Push the shutter once and hold it down the flash must come in one push or no go.It must be electronic as well.
I have tried Nikon-pentax-minolta...all have power saver.   olympus needs a refresh pulse but works fuji same thing and poor pics compared to owl.  The high quality fixxed focal cams are all but exticnt due to the demand for zoom camera's.  Which are double the price.....good luck in your quest...yoteee'

Possum

Reaction score
Target in the Southeast (SC) just had an ad in the Sunday paper.  OWL PF's for 39.99.  They had plenty when I went in there two weeks ago.

dombear

Reaction score
If anybody is interested in two Owl's without timers, I mistaken bought two and want to get rid of them.

gizz

Reaction score
Sears, although priced a bit high at $59 in my area, had about 10 of them on the shelf last time I checked.

Dombear, are these owl pf's with date? Did you mistakingly buy them for game cam's? If so none of them come with timers so not sure what you mean. If they are the silver owl pf's with date then they're the correct one's.

quackmaster

Reaction score
Target and Service Merchandise are still stocking them. Check there.

Newt

Reaction score
Hi I'm the new guy!  
FYI Canon Sureshot OWL PF Dates are available at amazon.com.  If your order is $99.00 you get free shipping.  They are $49.00 each. Today people are paying ~$46.00 including shipping on ebay for used units. Also if you want to pay $59.00 each they're available at the Circuit Citys.

Fubar

Reaction score
Newt  Welcome to Jesses Forum. Thanx for the info.                Fubar

Zeke

Reaction score
Hey Gizz...So its the silver ones that are the correct ones?   Zeke

gizz

Reaction score
Zeke, the silver ones(at least the one's i know of) are the Owl PF's. Some have date and some don't - it should be noted on the camera or packaging.
There is also the Owl AF with the little green dial. These are the older style with a bit weaker flash but still work well. Again some have date / some don't.
Jesse has some pics in his camera instructions of the various type, you may want to check it out.

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 Yes the PF dates are silver and work,The AF is the black one with the round knob on the front,it works also,i have one of each.

StringShooter

Reaction score
Target stores in Missouri are still stocking the Owl PF Date cameras. I just picked one up today for $50.

I think I'll try the RS pir this go around since I can't find the MS20's or Mainstays anywhere :shake-head-blue:

Like I really nead to build another one :hammer:

(Edited by StringShooter at 8:03 pm on Nov. 27, 2001)

duck73

Reaction score
StringShooter, What part of Missouri you in. I was going to check the a Target store in KC Wednesday the 28th. Really need to find one of these cameras. I have yet to build one of these units but have always wanted one, but the price was to high. This is just what I have been looking for.

Possum,  Are the Target stores still selling the cameras for 38.99 where you are located. Just wondering Thx, duck73

Zeke

Reaction score
I checked the Target website and did a search and nothing was found.None on E-bay either. I did find a silver Owl PF at Amazon.com for 49.99. Guess I'll have to get it.

Possum

Reaction score
They are back at 49.99 at Target and Kmart.  Saw them this past weekend.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom