Camo a fresnal lens?

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Got this question in email.

Question?  on the stealth cam.  is it possible to cover up the white
sensor with something, or can i color it with black marker.. please help , the
price is great just concerned about theft.. m.c.

Thanks.

coyotebandit

Reaction score
I have successfully applied thin lines of camo paint, with a very fine brush, just in an attempt to break up the "white" on the cam. I was using the RS PIR, and the range, and sensitivity didn't seem to be affected. I think someone else tried using a marker, try doing a search on the forum "fresnel and marker".

CB

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
AEH did that test and it should be here somewhere.

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
Jesse,

I use a sharpie on mine with little or no decrease in sensitivity or range as well.  You have to do it on the inside or it will just rub off like a dry-erase marker.  It would be a good idea to try it on the outside first and check the sensitivity before going to the inside with the fresnal rings.  I have done it on both the Rs and the MS20 but it never hurts to go with caution.   It will wash of the inside too, you just have to use a tooth brush or something to get down in the cracks.  It gets darker on the outside and if you don't rub it it will stay on in the rain.  That may be the simplest way and he won't have to disasemble the cam to get to it.  

gizz

Reaction score
I used very thin camoflage mesh, the kind you can buy for headnets at the sports shows for $2. I cut small squares and glued them over the fresnal. Since i was using the PVC boxes there was about 3/16" from the lense to the outside plastice so the mesh never contacted the lense. It worked fine but i quit doing it cause i'm lazy and my cams flash anyways so i figured why bother. I will work though, just try it before cutting up your favorite camo headnet!

Handcannon

Reaction score
I use Createx Airbrush paint in transparent gray sprayed on rough side of ms20 lens also with not much loss of sensitivity however it does appear to cut down on falsies.               Handcannon

Top Bottom