Camo Chokes

skeeterbait

Reaction score
I may be wrong, but I think hot gas is gonna burn that off.

ouachitamtnman

Reaction score
Someone else had the same concerns

Don at Camo Solutions answers that question by describing the dipping process

Here is the sequence:

1. All areas of the choke that are not to be coated are masked off.
2. Area that is to be coated is sanded, wiped with a tack cloth, and an adhesion agent is applied.
3. After the adhesion agent is dry, the choke tube metal to be coated is sprayed with a 2 stage automotive grade epoxy primer.
4. A light sanding is applied followed by a tack cloth to remove all sanding dust.
5. Next, 2 coats of a automotive base coat (single stage) tinted to the camo back ground color is applied and allowed to dry.
6. The choke tube is dipped in the customer's selected camouflage pattern and immediately followed by a 5 minute rinse in 90 degree water (to remove all excess ink).
7. A 24 hr dry time is required for the camouflage to cure.
8. Next, an acrylic cleaner is applied to all parts to remove any water spots and allowed to dry.
9. After the acrylic cleaner is dry, 2 coats of an automotive grade 2-stage flat clear finish is applied to the choke tube (each coat applied within 15 minutes apart of each other). All materials used in all applications are PPG Automotive grade top-of-the-line material (the best money can buy, period).

PPG indicates that these items as extremely durable against acetone, lacquer thiners, paint thinners, most harsh bore solvents, gasoline, all waterborn cleaners.

NOTE: All high DEET products (insect repellents) will cause a yellowing color on the finish along with a softening of the finish.

Camo-Solutions in-house testing of ported barrels & choke tubes have withstood numerous blasts from a variety of shotshells. The finish is not damaged in any way from normal shooting.

To answer your question regarding the durablity of Camo-Solutions applied camouflage on choke tubes, the finish is tuff as nails and will hold up against muzzle blast, bore solvents or any other types of thinners. Those that have an understanding of automotive paint and finishing will note that the camo-dipping process (listed above) is more thorough than most paint jobs on mass-produced cars and trucks!

In short, the camo-finish, as applied by the Camo-Solutions method, will not come off the choke tube under normal shooting situations and general gun-cleaning care.

skeeterbait

Reaction score
That's interesting and I will accept their word that it will hold up. Looks neat, I agree. That isn't the part of the choke I hope the turkey gets to see though.

sportyg

Reaction score
And what is the warrenty on the paint job if any..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Brnsvllyjohn Campfire 7
TheGDog Air Rifles & Pistols 3
Brnsvllyjohn Campfire 5
TheGDog Mule Deer Hunting 1
J Gear Discussion 0

Advertisement

Top Bottom