camo

coyotehunters

Reaction score
WHAT IS EVERYONE USING TO CAMO THEIR CAMERAS. I USED CAMO DUCT TAPE ON MY LAST CAM. I WAS JUST WANTING TO KNOW WHAT EVERYBODY ELSE IS DOING.THE TAPE WAS PRETTY SIMPLE.I JUST DONT KNOW HOW LONG IT WILL LAST.

GeorgiaHunter

Reaction score
I used camo cloth tape I found a K-Mart. Works well for me, low gloss factor, high adhesion factor. I find the Duct tape to be too shiny and some brands do not adhere well.

jayber

Reaction score
Cloth camo tape here too!  Did one in the camo duct, but didn't like the way it wore after some use.

coyotehunters

Reaction score
I BOUGHT SOME CLOTH CAMO TAPE AT WALMART.IT LOOKS REALLY GOOD BUT IT DIDNT SEAM TO BE VERY STICKY ON THE BACK AND I WAS AFRAID IT WOULDNT STAY ON. HOW DO YOU GUYS MAKE IT STAY ON.

GeorgiaHunter

Reaction score
you can't touch it on the sticky side or it will lose its stick. once you put it on the box it seems to bond pretty well.

deerdad

Reaction score
I took some flat clear model paint before any glass was installed and sprayed over the cloth tape to help keep it
from peeling off of the box. I only put enough on to
dampen the tape a little bit. Once it's dry, the edges
won't peel up on you.

Greg

Stever

Reaction score
I think best I have seen yet is by Gun Docc. Go to the thread that knobby started subject "minor problem with design". Follow it through to Gun doccs idea of layers of differant colour caulking. It really looks like bark on my computer. Gives true 3 d appearance

MBullism

Reaction score
Just finished my first camera, used a cut down 50 cal ammo can... I had a scrap piece of old "Tiger Stripe" type camo (vertical black/green stripes)

Cut it to the approximate size, laid it face down and squeegied (sp?) clear silicone on the back.  Applied it to the ammo can, trimmed with a razor, let set and wa-la.  Not shiny, and I'm hoping it gives it one more layer of water protection (my welding isn't the best, so lots of holes to seal...)

jayber

Reaction score
coyotehunters,
I had a few rolls that didn't want to stick very well in a few places after application. I wound up using silicone over the outside of the tape, wiping it across and into the mesh of the tape.  Hasn't come up on me since.

Archilochus

Reaction score
Cloth tape, spray paint, meanin' to try Gun Doc's idea.
Also use camo pattern fabric "sacks" with a drawstring.  That way I can change camo pattern with habitat / season.

Archilochus

coyotehunters

Reaction score
has anyone tried one of those camo sleeves that slide over your gun. i am in the market for one and was wondering which one is the best.

Arrowhead

Reaction score
I used one on my Browning A5. It was a spandex-like sock that you pulled over the gun. I got it from Cabela's I think. You had to cut out a hole for the ejection port and trigger. I'm sure it was less than $10.

It worked good. Since I had no interest in changing the finish of the A5 I thought it was a good solution.

It was a universal sock so it was longer than I needed it to be.
I cut it to the length of my gun. After my first shot I looked at the end and it was torn to shreds. From the recoil it must have slid forward and the shot caught it upon exit and tore the crap out of it. I just re-cut to fit again.

Tominator

Reaction score
Get you a Remington 1100 and you won't have to camo it. The turkeys come up to admire it, then you shoot! :D
Tominator

STR8SHTR

Reaction score
I sent my Benelli SBE to a company in VA a few years ago and they applied the same finish that is used on the factory camo jobs.  It works great and has yet to come off.  But that is the high end solution.

Don

Reaction score
I bought one of those Camoclad kits.  It looks real good but it took me about 3 hours to put the thing on.

T F Coyote

Reaction score
Does anyone know if one of those camo socks will work on my Browning BPS or Winchester Model 12 (both are pumps)?

Fubar

Reaction score
TF Coyote  The camo gun socks dont work very well on a pump. Too many moving parts. I have a BPS and I put the camo tape on it.
The tape works great and you can get it just about anywhere.              Fubar

THBailey

Reaction score
The quick, low end solution is to just paint the gun using a paint brush and a couple of duck boat colors right out of the can.  Has worked on my 1100 mag and my mossberg 500 for many years.

Top Bottom