Camo'd my Umarex Octane!!

TheGDog

Camo'd my Umarex Octane .22 today. Yesterday spent some time practicing with various techniques. I ended up using a combination of this Camo netting I got from the Halloween Store (OC peeps will know where I'm talking about), and a tiny bit of sponge-dabbing.

Doing this for practice before attempting to camo my AR15.

Gotta say I'm rather pleased with the results!

Looks like a GREAT match up for Kryptek Highlander.
WP_20180321_028.jpg
WP_20180321_011.jpg
WP_20180321_012.jpg

TheGDog

Thank you. I know right? I was trying/practicing a few techniques on some old Hardy Backerboard I'll often place across the saw-horses to then place items upon for painting. Tried the Beach bag netting. Tried the sponge-dabbing (only had access to regular man-made sponges, cut it into smaller cubes and had to pinch into them and rip out a lot of finger-pinches full of material to create voids in the surfaces for that random-pattern thing), and then... then I remembered this Flourescent colored cheesecloth fabric I use during Halloween... and when I walked back there to get it... I saw the other camo netting fabric piece and my brain went Ding! Ding! Ding!

And that camo netting stuff works really good because you can sorta create a slant/skewing to the pattern it leaves behind by how you choose to stretch a particular corner more than another, as an example. Real easy to work with too. And after spraying you can lift it right up almost immediately!

Last edited:

TheGDog

OK... the Clearcoat is on... and the Tape is Off!! Added two more shades into it. (Note to self: NEVER use a Grey again unless it is a DARK Grey! Doh!)

Not bad for my first ever camo paint job. Very pleased with how well it seems to blend in with the Kryptek Highlander camo!
WP_20180323_020.jpg
WP_20180323_021.jpg
WP_20180323_022.jpg
WP_20180323_023.jpg
And another shot taken slightly farther back to better show how it starts to blend in!
WP_20180323_024.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Game Trail Cameras & Camcorders 19