Camoflague Choices

Mntngoat

Reaction score
I am conducting a poll since I am in the market for some new camo. whats your favorite pattern, and where and what do you hunt with it.

:confused-yellow:

dbeerman2000

Reaction score
i'm in the high desert and hunt in military six color (chocolate chip or desert storm) desert cammies.  my buddy hunts in the three color desert cammies.  i was reading varmint al's page and it inspired me to paint my rifle.  i went to wallie world and got some of that "stone" paint and now my rifle matches the desert!  i will send pictures after the final touches!

Thonzberry

Reaction score
I have to say I have all kinds of cammo. Just for the fact that there are all kinds of colors in the land I hunt ,so I can dress in what ever the color of the terain looks like. Call me a nut, my son thinks it's the cooliest thing to have all that cammo. on the other hand my wife thinks I'm nuts.........LOL

Bishop

Banned
Reaction score
In sagebrush country I like Advantage.  In the mountains when it's greened up I just use military woodland camo.

MarinePMI

Reaction score
I use all different patterns (as I tend to hunt here and back in TX).  Out here on Camp Pendleton, Advantage timber works well, but out around Lake Morena when hunting for predators I've used a guille suit.  LOL!  Should've seen the look on Wildbirdhunters face when I pulled that thing out.  Great for winter hunting, but I dread the summer with that thing....

wildbirdhunter

Reaction score
The best as the looks on the faces of the two guys that were hunting Quail that one time when you walked back to the trucks. I think the guy had to change his shorts before he started hunting.

Kernhuntr

Reaction score
I've been using Natgear for a while now. It really blends well in the country I hunt. I also use alot of chocolate chip just because I have a ton of it.

Kernhuntr

Hook

Reaction score
I use military woodland, 3 and 6 color desert and realtree extra brown. Just depends on where I go. But lately I've been using the real tree more often. It seems to work good in all the different terrain I hunt.  

sportyg

Reaction score
I mix and match mosy oak shadow, advantage, mil woodland & desert camo. Thinking about getting some natgear camo.

MarinePMI

Reaction score
WildbirdHunter,

Yeah, those two quail hunters looked like their eyes were gonna pop out of their heads when I came out from under that bush.  ROTFLMAO!  "Look!  That bush is moving! Oh crap! That guys been there the whole time we were talking to this guy!"   :jaw-drop: Ha, ha, ha!  A guille suit definitely works! :target:

EL CAZADOR

Kiss The Ring
Reaction score
I use both Mossy Oak Break-Up and Realtree Hardwoods for all of my upland game and deer hunting, and Advantage Wetlands for waterfowl.

toolyfolk

Reaction score
Natural gear is excellent.  It blends in with most of the surroundings I'm in.  

My buddy uses realtree hardwoods and doesn't have a problem either.  

Marty

Reaction score
I like the Realtree grey as well.  Blends well in coastal, pines, and dry manzanita.  Always carry the woodland as a backup (eg: colder weather or a dry set).

A few years ago we were hitting squirrels on Pendleton.  My two partners were off together about 150yds from me.  First was in full desert-6, the other in woodland over tan khakis.  Against the dirt and dry scrub hills, the woodland combo blended better than the all-desert pattern.  The key was a distinct lack of shade needed to subdue the differences in color and pattern.

TScottW99

Reaction score
i hunt in the mountains of south western virginia and prefer mossy oak breakup with advantage classic coming in second.  i'm wanting to get some natgear as soon as $$$ allowes... i use the mossy oak for hunting predators, turkeys, deer, squirrel, whistle pigs and even my grouse vest

Top Bottom