CAMOWRAP

ltdann

Anybody ever try camowrap on their vehicle? I was just curious on how it holds up to brush/limb scratches and if its worth the money.

I'm tired of buffing out the truck, be the 4th time this year, LOL.

Redneck75

Yep, it does pretty good. That said...it's not going to hold up to a 3" diameter stick as you go off-roading but it does fine on the incidental brush as you wander down a slightly narrow road.

I see you're in Fallbrook...if that's the Fallbrook that's in the San Diego area, give Bruce at the Bow N Arrow Shop in Lakeside a call...he's a dealer of the CamoWrap and he's got it on his truck as well as a couple of the regulars in there. They'll give you some good reviews of it and let you know what to expect.

ltdann

Yep, it does pretty good. That said...it's not going to hold up to a 3" diameter stick as you go off-roading but it does fine on the incidental brush as you wander down a slightly narrow road.

I see you're in Fallbrook...if that's the Fallbrook that's in the San Diego area, give Bruce at the Bow N Arrow Shop in Lakeside a call...he's a dealer of the CamoWrap and he's got it on his truck as well as a couple of the regulars in there. They'll give you some good reviews of it and let you know what to expect.
Thanks for the review. I've seen one or two rolling around the greater SD area, it looks good and when I talk to the owners, they say pretty much the same, good on side swipes but won't take a direct poke that gouges into the material. Ran into one of Bass Pro's hunting prostaff that had his done and its held up very well considering the amount of hunting he does.

I've decided to do this, its cheaper than a paint job and will probably hold up as well, if not better. Probably will do it right after the 1st of the year. Too many hunts left this year to tackle that job now.

Thanks again.

k_rad

Looks great Dann. I wish the wife would let me do that to the used jeep we just bought. Maybe after a couple of years (hehe) just have to be patient and wear her down...

ltdann

Thanks,

after a year, people still stop me and ask questions about the truck. Most don't realize its a plastic wrap.

So far, no gouges in it. It takes hellacious scratches without apparent affect. Simply wash the scratches off. I usually demonstrate by licking my finger and wiping the scratch mark off.

ltdann

The stuff came in 4x5 sheets and it was around $75 a sheet. I understand it comes in rolls now as well. Depends on the square footage you need to cover. An F-150 cost right at $1k to cover completely, if you do it yourself. If you hire someone, double the price and add some.

It' still on the truck, doesn't look as good as it used to, been on there 10 years now, way past the 3 yrs they told me it'd last. Still keeping the scratches off though.

OPAH

Gues the prep work would be the same as Painting, Clean, wet sand and fill any dents

ltdann

Nah. Give the old goat a good hand wash, wipe every down with Iso Alcohol. Peel and stick, trim. Done. If you've ever done window tint, can do this. Plenty of how-to vids online.

OPAH

Really? sounds like a venture I may take on Down the road here.
Going to check out some of the DYI on it,

Thank you
Itdann
Very much

nightowl

Have it for my jeep and yup it is worth it only if you are so careless in driving and would usually bump into something but if you don't usually scratch your car then it's not really needed. Are you going for a wrap bc of the aesthetics or for protection?

ltdann

Well it's still on the truck and been on for 10 years. not bad considering the company told me it only last about 3 years.

I needed the protection. The coastal sage and manzanita bushes are brutal on paint.

Top Bottom