Camp Cady

karstic

Banned
Reaction score
I went out to Camp Cady WA area on Saturday after some rabbits but it seems I had some problems finding them. I started at about 7am and finished about 10am? I saw one cottontail near the pond and plenty of tracks out in the riverbed. Did I start to late? It wasn't too warm maybe in the mid 80's by the time I left. Any help or comments appreciated.

Fubar

Reaction score
Karstic  Wabbits are nocturnal so they are most active first thing in the morning and just before it gets dark. Next time try being there just as it starts to get light.            Fubar

knowshorts

Reaction score
Believe it or not,  I have never gotten a rabbit before 9am.  I usually only hunt rabbits during dove and quail season.  During dove season, I usually get a half a dozen birds by 8-8:30 in the small flyway I hunt.  When the birds are done flying, I move to an area where I can flush them out, and that is when I flush a bunnie or 2.

BTW, even though I live within 20 minutes from a desent dove flyway, I don't see a reason to go way out to the desert to get my limit in 30 minutes.  I would rather get 3-4 birds everyday after work and have my 20 at the close of the season.  I can get 40 birds during the first half of the season and have my weekends free and still have some quality meals.

As I am typing this, I am getting a craving for rabbit so maybe I will actually go out and strictly hunt rabbits and see how I do.  I will try sun-up and see how it is.

Mike

colby18

Reaction score
knowshorts, I am the same way, I don't think that I've ever got a rabbit before 9 am.  I've gone plenty of times in the middle of the day and just walked along this dry river bed that's not to far from my house and I've always seen A LOT of rabbits, both jacks and cottons.  could just be my location?  who knows.

gantley

Reaction score
Late in the evening always worked when I bow hunted for rabbits.  When I was a lot younger, the TPWD would let you hunt rabbits at night with head light.  They liked a call before you went incase some of the locals call to report poacher.  You may want to check to see if you can hunt at night.  I am sure the regs have changed.  

The older I get the more regs I see.  I have noticed one thing about people who make laws, they do not retire, they grow old and die.  

Latest Posts

Top Bottom