Cams and P & Y Fair Chase Rules

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Carpbuster posted this over at the Bowsite if anyone ever wondered about taking an animal using a game camera to scout with and Pope and young rules of fair chase.

Out of curiosity I gave them a call today {Pope & Young}. Some guy named "Gene" from their headquarters gave the thumbs up for the use of cameras and timers. What he said was...,"as long as there are no electronic devices attached to the bow your o.k.". I think I will also sent them an e-mail so I can have it in writing, but I will put out my trail timers tonight.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
With my Jinx, I don't have to worry about violating any P & Y rules ! ! !  

I even Jinx everybody in the state of Missouir when I go fishing (they stop biting state wide)

Sorry Missouri......

Tinhorn

Stickbow

Reaction score
Hmmmmmm,

Just wondering if that would make those stabilizer-mounted video cameras (which are available) to film your own hunts a "violation", and if so....why???  

It wouldn't bring the game in or make you shoot any better.

I have a friend who is going to try that this season.

Matt in MO

Reaction score
Tinhorn - so that's what the matter is!!!!!

I don't have any problems with using deercams as far as ethics/fair chase is concerned. What they really do for me is "scout" the land and let me know what game is there. It's not helping me bag that game that much - it land I'm going to be hunting anyway. Some might argue the time stamp lets you know the when/wheres of the game, but I think deer movement is much too variable.

I don't think the fish and game departments can regulate them anyway. With a mexican accent: "I don't need no stinkin badges" (license) to hang a camera on a tree.

ToledoBend

Reaction score
Matt in MO
also, "Badgers? we don't need no stinkin badgers"
Just big bucks on our cams

Fubar

Reaction score
Toledo   Thats bad. I cant believe you said that. LOL     Fubar

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom