can opener?

Frank X. Morris

Reaction score
Howdy All,
Been using the can opener on my Leatherman. Question is. How do you use it properly? Does the beveled edge go next to the lip or does it go to the inner part of the lid?

Farallon

Reaction score
The tool (blade) has two hooks, a large one and a small one. The large hook is the opener, the small hook goes under the rim, rock back and forth backward, your thumb should be on the curved portion of the large hook.

eta: maybe hooks could be described as beaks or even blades?

Last edited:

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
Reaction score
I think he's asking how it's supposed to be used. If you are opening something that's pure liquid like punch or condensed milk, you could make two cuts out into the body of the lid that form a V on opposite sides of the lid (like the old church keys used to do) and pour out the can. If you're opening something chunky like potato soup, sauerkraut or cooked chicken, you would walk the large beak all the way around the lid, hugging the edges. And as Farrallon said, it walks backward.

canamrider07

Reaction score
The reverse "thing" has to do with copyright issues on youtube......The videos are shot normally and then "reversed" during editing.

Top Bottom