Can you believe it

Hogfever

Reaction score
Just a quick question. Did any of you see the way the news was trying to put a spin on the President visiting Florida. Ofcourse they tried to turn it into a political thing. Luckily we have Fox News, fair and balanced, to keep us grounded. I remember when Hurricane Andrew went through and Bush #1 didn't go down there to Homestead. Some say that cost him the election, so ofcourse they say Bush #2 is trying to avoid that. I really wish W would stop holding back and unleash a little, like Kerry is. I guess he's taking the high road with the bashing, but man I ain't gonna lie, I'm really getting worried about Kerry getting elected. In case you didn't see my last post in Camp Fire, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the prayers, my parents came through the hurricane just fine. please remember those who weren't so fortunate. Thanks again Hogfever

UPER

Reaction score
Well, I don't think your the only one that is worried about Kerry getting elected. I would think with all the half truths about his military service and going from supporting a war with Iraq to not doing so would make alot of people go HMMM? but I guess we will have to wait and see how the polls swing in the next few months. Still does not give me a warm fuzzy even if Kerry will be close

Welby

Reaction score
Chin up fellows, I hear a landslide comin', it's comin' 'round the bend...(I hope).

Glad your family made it OK, Hogfever.

Dakota

Reaction score
Glad your family is well.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I don't think Dubya should be using the same "high road" that cost his father the election. Politics is muddy.

Landslide!!!

Buck-eye

Reaction score
Folks, I believe in a God, first and foremost. I also feel that we all are images of God. When someone is honest with themself, it shows in the way the carry themselves. John Kerry is not that guy. He knows that he has been dishonest. He is the one that is going to cost himself the election. People think our President is arrogant. I tend to believe that he is in tune with himself mentally and spiritually, and God sees it as well.

Backcountry

Reaction score
This is such a non-issue. Bush went to Florida and he got criticized for grandstanding and being political. If he didn't go to Florida he would also have been criticized, but probably for not showing compassion and spending too much time on his re-election.

...and you know what, the same is true for our side criticizing Kerry... if Kerry goes, he gets criticized, if he doesn't, he gets criticized. The same can be said if Kerry opens his mouth... open it, criticize, don't open it, criticize. Politics has degenerated to mostly lies, mudslinging, and/or dirty tricks, all of it being shoveled in the direction of the lowest common denominator... the uneducated registered voter that doesn't vote in every election.

Hopefully this will all be over soon, George Bush will still be in the White House, and he can get back to killing terrorists and getting the economy back on track.

Backcountry

Top Bottom