Canadian with a (dumb?) question?

Zaitsev

Reaction score
Hi,

I am just getting the materials together for putting together a trail camera, and am having a little trouble finding the suggested PIR sensors here in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada where I live.  I wonder if there is any Canadians who have bought sensors here who could give me some advice??  Radio shack doesn't seem to carry the same sensors here in Canada as they do in the States!!  Thanks for any advice!

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Welcome Zaitsev to our forum.

If I remember right, yotee uses the same Radio Shack PIR we do, it's just labeled with a different model number in Canada.

Yotee, you out there? What's the  model number on your Radio Shack PIRs? I need to add this to the Radio Shack mod webpage too.

Zaitsev

Reaction score
OK, I will look into it further at Radio Shack.  Hopefully Yotee can verify what you said.  At the one Radio Shack I walked into yesterday, the guy looked at me as if I was an alien when I asked about PIR motion sensors!!  Maybe it was just a bad store or something.

Anyway, just wanted to say you guys ROCK, and thank-you so much for the help.  This is the most helpful hunting web-site I know of.

davered1

Reaction score
Zaitsev,

The Canadian part # for that PIR is RS # 49-7048.The reed relay might be a problem to.I can only find 1 store that can get the right style(round 5V),most have a square 5V.The square one will not work hooking it up like in Jesse's pic,only the round one.Square one must need more power,It does however work if you hook it like tinhorn suggests by pulling one side of the resistor

Jesse's link
http://www.jesseshuntingpage.com/rs-49-425.html

Tinhorn's way
http://www.jesseshuntingpage.com/cgi-bin/i...&topic=1613

coyote

Reaction score
Yes, The canadian part # is as Davered stated...
It's known more commonly to them a chime or motion alarm.

The square relay is a micro coil slapper and a double throw ...it will work but she's to noisy.  Have the clown at Radio Shack order the 5v reed.  Part # 275-232.  I ordered 5 last time took a month to come in.
Relays will never be a problem locating...I have a assorted box of them...they all work..just some are more power hungry.

later eh....yoteee'

stanman

Reaction score
Hi Zaitsev  Stanman here in Ontario my local Wal-Mart has a shelfful of MS20 sensors at 12 bucks apiece if you can not find one let me know i will send you one in the mail..Later

Zaitsev

Reaction score
Thanks Stanman for the offer.  I will look into the Walmarts here in Edmonton first, or we might just go with Radio Shack.

Stever

Reaction score
Home depot and Zellers had the MS 20 here in Ontario.
My choice is still that RS Pir.
Stever in Ontario

Latest Posts

Top Bottom