Cannon owl camera

Treestand man

Reaction score
I read all the Facts and Questions but I can't find anything about the camera Cannon Owl CZ2-2874, will this camera work on a unit for taking game pictures?  Another question - do you limit the sensor side to side range so the picture is when the deer is right in front of the lense or what?  I am planning on building one of these units soon and can use all the help I can get.  Thanks Treestand man

StringShooter

Reaction score
Look at the cameras listed in the instructions. If it’s not there, it hasn’t been perfected yet. :wavin:

davered1

Reaction score
got a pic of cam,does it look like any other cam on this site?If not you are probably on your own,if you choose to use it.Try pawn shops for your first cam.Got my first owl for 10 $ at pawn shop.

depending on what kind of cam you use you adjust side of lens accordingly.Older style AF are pretty quick to flash,I leave 4 bars with this cam and RS PIR

Treestand man

Reaction score
The camera is black and looks just like the one pictured on this site #CZ2-2670 but the numbers are different.  The other question was about the PIR sensor.  How do you keep it from tripping when the deer is left or right of the camera.  Do you limit its right and left range.  Which PIR has the most range and is still easy to convert?  I would like to possible stay with a 9v small battery to keep the unit size and battery cost down.  Thanks

Possum

Reaction score
The RS PIR and the OWL camera have the same field of view.  I think it is 110 degrees.  However, most people put tape on the sides of the PIR to reduce its outside range and center the animal when tripped.  The Radio Shack PIR is less sensitive than the MS20, but there are less false pics (at least for me).  I prefer the RSPIR because it uses less battery power,  However, it tends to run about $20-$25 dollars vs. 9 or $10 for the MS20.  Everyone will have different ideas.  The RSPIR runs on a 9 volt battery and tens to last me at least 20-25 days which is more than I can wait anyway.

Treestand man

Reaction score
What kind of range do you get from the RS PIR and how would that compare to the Lamson Homes HS3100 which uses 9 volts too? Which would you say is the better PIR?  I can buy the HS3100 for about $20

Latest Posts

Top Bottom