canon availablity

wfontjr

Reaction score
i emailed canon yesterday, they did not respond to say if they were discontinuing the sure shot owl or not, however they did give the following 1800 number to find a canon dealer in your area, maybe you can order one from them if you can not find it

For a list of Canon dealers, please call 1-800-828-4040 and select the appropriate prompts.

coyote

Reaction score
I bought 3 more pf's last week...you know just in case....I asked the guy to check the computer and he said they had 98 in the main store I could order instantly....I believe there will be a replacment in the works even if the sureshot is disconed.  
With The work done here by "The Timer Guys" it open a whole new world of camera for us to use. Hope not... Should we be forced to. Fuji's-olympus and older pentax's to name the ones I've tore apart.  I believe the pf Owl's pic + flash quality will be tough to match.
BTW A friend of mine had his cam stolen two weeks ago and he lives in the boonies in Sask.  Chain that housing down...people want so bad they'll even steal 'em...yoteee'

quackmaster

Reaction score
For what its worth.

I called that 800 number and talked to a lady who said the owl has been discontinued.  I said "are you sure, the silver PF, it just came out  around December?" She said both the Af and the PF were being discontinued.  She was kind of hesitant so I wasn't totatlly confident she was sure. The closest place she could find around me that had them was Memphis,  140 miles away.I guess that may explain why Wal-Mart is marking them down.
My Wal-Mart just got two BF's in, and they were marked down, I don't know their fate.  
I guess if you've got them in your area, you are good to go.

jayber

Reaction score
I spoke with a tech. at the 800 number and the guy said that the PF/PF Date is not being discontinued.  Then again, he also said that the BF is not as well.  When I told him about seeing the BF's at reduced prices in stores (where they can be found), he said that they may be doing that as their choice to have the PF be the replacement.  Take it for what it's worth I guess.

gizz

Reaction score
Owl PF/Date is marked "clearance" $44 in my area Wal-Marts.

jayber

Reaction score
The PF's are going for $44 here, but the PF Date is running $60.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Pfs are getting scarce here in SoCal. I'm going to use Gun Docc's trick and have Wal-Mart scan the barcode to get some leads.

I sent Archilochus a email about my trouble with the older Olympus Infinity Jr. Date camera. It looks like a simple 3 contact circuit like the Canons but it won't fire when I short all 3 wires together. It will fire with the factory shutter button. This camera has no delay when left on for days, it fires right now and is the camera Camtrakker used 6 years ago.

The Infinity Jr. date camera is hard to find on eBay but the non date Infinity Jrs. are going for about $20 to $35.

With Welby figuring out the older Canon AF camera we now have 3 that will work and working on a fourth. eBay prices are a little better but I sure do like that flash on the Owl PFs and the pic LED counter.

J

JayBoy

The camera I used worked perfectly and I see them all over the place....It is the canon sure shot owl date AF...model # cz2-2586...or it is this one(2 numbers on the box) c13-3262

robNhood

Reaction score
JayBoy,
We have used the Canon AF but the Canon PF produces much greater night pictures. I had a problem withe the AF not getting enough flash to the target and the pics were quite dark.

J

JayBoy

Bob,  Well you got me there..I did get a baby raccoon on there last time I got my film developed.  I havn't gotten any deer on it yet though.  I am checking on it this weekend.  I'll keep ya posted.

jayber

Reaction score
Somebody at Wal-Mart finally knows what is going on....I was able to purchase the Owl PF Date today for $44 clearance.  Actually bought all four they had.  So I asked the guy in the camera dept. why they're marked down and he said they are discontinuing the model.  Now that may be at Wal-Mart stores, I don't know.......but Canon isn't going to discontinue a part number until all the stock is depleted.  So that may be why the customer service agents say that it isn't (discont.).

deerslayer

Reaction score
The Walmarts here in Jax/FL are no longer carrying the OWL PF DATE.  I found 2 a Circuit City (bought both) for $59.99 each, it was the kit.  NOTE: The camera was not on display, it was in the cage.  There was a black PF on display and a BF on display.  Be sure to check the cage.  
The kit includes a case and lens cleaning kit.  I asked the salesrep if they where discontinuing them. He stated its not marked disco.
My uncle in Atlanta GA found 3 PF DATES also at Circuit City and also in the cage.  

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom