Canon Owl Date (round knob)

dombear

Reaction score
Can any of you guru's tell me if there is a way to check to see if the date/timer is working with out waiting for the film to be developed. The batteries show to be good on a meter, but I am getting nothing on the pictures.

bat

Reaction score
dombear, check to see if the little bar is showing just above the date, should be on the top right side if I remember correctly. If this is not showing even though the date is set, it will not put it on the picture. Click on the mode button until it comes up above the date. bat

bat

Reaction score
I'm am assumming the "round knob" is like the PF on this. bat

davered1

Reaction score
In you first post you refer to the "batteries" were ok. the date stamp battery is in the film door, it is about a 3/4 inch round watch battery 2025.

to check and see if it has enough juice you can short the 2 little pins on the insid of the door(touch both with a small metal screwdriver), beneath (kinda) the 2 little pins there is a little window, look into it while shorting the pins and ther has to be a light come on in the window, if the light doesn't come on then the battery needs to be replaced.If the light comes on then it has to be what BAT suggested with the bar.

the batteries can have enough juice to show the display on camera back but not enough to print it.

GPo

Reaction score
While were on the subject Dave, Does the 2400ff use the 2025 battery too ? can you test the print the same way ?

GPo

davered1

Reaction score
2400 runs the date stamp off the AA batteries tha camera runs off wires come through the door hinge to camera back.print light blinks if it is printing.

you will find a certain percentage of 2400's that the stamp doesn't work no matter what happens, HH and I both found this, for the $$ per cam you can live with about 1 out of 8 or 9 that the date didn't work

dombear

Reaction score
Thanks, davered1, I'll give it a try. I thought there had to be someway to check it.

Top Bottom