Canon Owl date/time camera-what makes the time/date work?

deadcell

Reaction score
I noticed the other night after looking at my newest set of gamecam pictures that there is no time or date on them, not a one. The camera is brand new and i set the date and time using the buttons located on the back of the film door. I read over the instructions and i can't find any place where it tells you how to turn the time/date function off or on, so can anybody tell me why it didn't work? And if you own a canon owl with time/date, where in the picture does the time/date show up anyway?? Thanks DC

Possum

Reaction score
It is automatic and appears in the lower right hand corner.  However, if your cam is set up in a location where the background in the photo is white it is hard to see it sometimes if not impossible.  Check the negatives and see if it appears on them. The date on my negatives looks greenish colored.   If it does not then the camera is malfunctioning.  The only thing I would suggest is to buy a new battery for the date back.  Other than that - ????.

I forgot.  After reading KC's post you can turn the date off.  It will appear on the back like this  "------".  Maybe that's what happenned?  

News flash!  Archilochus replied to my technical question about an OWL and said there were two contacts between the cam body and the date back.  There could be a possibility these are damaged and that is why it is not functioning.  They may be able to be repaired if this is the problem.

(Edited by Possum at 11:05 pm on Oct. 7, 2001)

(Edited by Possum at 11:08 pm on Oct. 7, 2001)

Top Bottom