Canon Owl PF

inchr48

Reaction score
Bought a homebrew from a JHO poster (student who needed money). Don't have full instructions, for switch settings. Have shot 3 rolls of film and 2 of the three, I get a deer shot (at night) then a roll of false triggers (most of them during daylight. I am aiming mainly north or south). The third roll I captured a couple of coons that had been raiding my hen-house. I lost twelve birds, but didn't know 'til the shots what was taking them.

My question is: On my switches, the first five control time between triggers and day/night settings. Do the other four control sensitivity? I would like to take daytime pic's, but am getting shots of no game.

OK, college kid here with little expertise in this area. Hope the pic' of my set-up will let you hackers see what I'm dealing with.

Attachments

pocomoke

Reaction score
The other switches control things like picture mode,red and green light on-off among other things.Go to pixcontroller.com and on the left side of homepage click on manuals.You have the older style direct rss board.Click on this pdf file and it will tell you all about that board.

The sensitivity is controlled by the blue square on the right side of the board.Nearer the top.It has a gray phillips head looking center.I keep mine in the center.When it is hot out you start getting false triggers from time to time.Looking at the blue box from the front turn counterclockwise to reduce sensitivity.You will see it does not turn far so you can go back and forth and just turn it close to center.

Lots of folks turn the sensitivity back up when it starts to get colder out but I just leave mine in the center,works for me...

OleSouth

Reaction score
I suggest to check on the pixcontroller.com web site for the information or contact help on the pix web site. The board appears to be one of the older discontinued model boards but I think the switch settings maybe the same as the universal board except for time delays. On pixcontroller.com look under products on L side of page, Click on pix universal, on the page that comes up scroll over to look on R side and look under Pix Chip Dip Switch Settings, scroll down and find Sony/Minolta Dip Switch Settings, click on and open the PDF file. This should help you. If these are incorrect email me because I do have a camera set up with the Board in your picture posted but I am @ work and don't have & that info is on my pc @ home.

inchr48

Reaction score
As always, you guys are the greatest. Have to work today myself, but will check it out when I get back home. Wasn't sure which board I had to do any research. Now I know.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom